Dominion: Personal Score

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hethow

09-22-2011

1819 ohhhh thought you wanted our highest scores actually my highest was 2k some thing but ehhh most my games were 1300-1500 depending on how much I had to save home bases or baby sit

Kazarack

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yefo View Post
I like the idea of a Personal Score, but at the same time, I'm a bit opposed to it. It doesn't reward defensive play enough. For example, last game I babysat two of our capture points and pretty much never lost them. I'm not the one going off capturing new points, BUT when you hold onto two points for literally the entire game almost by yourself, your team has a pretty good shot at capturing a 3rd.

I'm not trying to say "I'm so great, my personal score should always be highest!" lol. I'm just saying that the current system undervalues protecting capture points you already own.

Red Post! Thanks Morello!
The concern will be players just sitting on points, for the personal score. While that might not be such a bad idea, because it might cuz a little slower play, will be interested to see how they reward defensive play!

pavi132

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

Quote:
Yeah there's just too many variables. It's a nice idea in theory, but I'm waiting for the "Noob, you didn't do anything this game, look at your score", when in reality, that person *may* have done quite a bit.
Happened to me a couple of times already. Idiot Teemo runs around trying to cap and literally passes right by an enemy capping our point... We win due to the rest of us actually coordinating w/o him and he talks **** saying he is the only one who did anything because of his score.

Xavren

09-22-2011

I don't think you should be rewarded simply for standing next to a capture point when it's not in any danger. Maybe if you're standing next to one that's adjacent to an enemy capture point (or two!) you could get a little boost every few seconds. 5 for defense seems pretty abysmal by comparison to uh, however much you get for other stuff.

Mageganker

09-22-2011

Quote:
Yeah there's just too many variables. It's a nice idea in theory, but I'm waiting for the "Noob, you didn't do anything this game, look at your score", when in reality, that person *may* have done quite a bit.
If you have a bad score you likely didn't do much to help your team win the game. If you are playing ultra defensive and basing instead of defending a turret to the death just to maintain some sort of KDA, then you will have a bad score.

Taking and defending points gives the most score as it is the most important thing. The scoring system needs a bit of tweaking in the defensive/healing/buffing side but is otherwise really really good.

Akachei

09-22-2011

The score for caps can award the wrong sort of aggressive play; sometimes moving aggressively is a good idea, other times it can ultimately hurt by leaving your team exposed elsewhere. But either way you get the neutralization and cap points. I've been playing Teemo, I was on the too-aggressive side my first couple of games I think.

One thought to address this is instead of giving the full cap reward when capped, give a smaller reward at first and then give the rest over a few minutes (3-4). This would help reward worthwhile caps - maybe even more than currently - but not reward the caps which may not have been as useful to the same extent.

pavi132

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavren View Post
I don't think you should be rewarded simply for standing next to a capture point when it's not in any danger. Maybe if you're standing next to one that's adjacent to an enemy capture point (or two!) you could get a little boost every few seconds. 5 for defense seems pretty abysmal by comparison to uh, however much you get for other stuff.
They could do something similar to what Blizzard did. In WoW, if you killed someone near your own flag, you got an extra 50% honor or something. So, maybe they should provide you with a small percentage boost to points for killing enemy champions near your a point under your control. Also, they should give small amounts of points for stopping a cap, but put a CD on it as someone suggested so that it doesn't boost your score to ridiculous heights in certain situations.

SmallKiwi

09-22-2011

I disagree. A capture is always a good idea. It benefits your team by either:
A) Forcing them to split up and kill you/recapture or,
B) Hurting their nexus/protecting yours if they just leave it

Any time you capture you are guaranteed to do one of those two things to the enemy and those are extremely important.

The thing that drives me nuts the most is seeing teammates sitting in lane farming minions when there is an unprotected point within 5 seconds of them. Minions are great when they are defending a point, they can mean the difference between capping a defended point and getting killed for nothing. But when there is nothing between you and making that point neutral/friendly you are crazy not to take that opportunity.

Zeful

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I agree it doesn't support defense enough. We'll be talking about this.
Quick fix. While standing on a point you own, you gain a point for each minion you kill, you gain 5 for each champion kill. If the point is at 10% of cap: these bonuses are doubled, and you gain a point for disrupting all enemy channels on the point.

Quick and dirty way to support defense through (pretty meaningless) point values.

pavi132

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallKiwi View Post
I disagree. A capture is always a good idea. It benefits your team by either:
A) Forcing them to split up and kill you/recapture or,
B) Hurting their nexus/protecting yours if they just leave it

Any time you capture you are guaranteed to do one of those two things to the enemy and those are extremely important.

The thing that drives me nuts the most is seeing teammates sitting in lane farming minions when there is an unprotected point within 5 seconds of them. Minions are great when they are defending a point, they can mean the difference between capping a defended point and getting killed for nothing. But when there is nothing between you and making that point neutral/friendly you are crazy not to take that opportunity.
While this is true, I don't think that is the point that people are trying to make. Of course people should want to capture an open point and be rewarded for doing so. However, people should also be rewarded for defending a point that they already have if it is under attack or the opposing point is heavily defended.