Dominion: Personal Score

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yefo

09-22-2011

I like the idea of a Personal Score, but at the same time, I'm a bit opposed to it. It doesn't reward defensive play enough. For example, last game I babysat two of our capture points and pretty much never lost them. I'm not the one going off capturing new points, BUT when you hold onto two points for literally the entire game almost by yourself, your team has a pretty good shot at capturing a 3rd.

I'm not trying to say "I'm so great, my personal score should always be highest!" lol. I'm just saying that the current system undervalues protecting capture points you already own.

Red Post! Thanks Morello!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I agree it doesn't support defense enough. We'll be talking about this.

Kasao

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

^

ahAbyss

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

yep, I don't like it at all, you can't rank stuff like that,

SteelbornX

09-22-2011

Probably should give points for fixed amount of time staying within range of a point as "defense".

Mageganker

09-22-2011

Yeah I agree. We were doing 5 man arranged and one guy on our team consistently had 200-400 less renown points than the rest of the team. I was thinking he just sucked at Dominion until I took his spot going bot every game.

Going bot and defending towers definitely has a huge impact but you get a very low renown score.

Yefo

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahAbyss View Post
yep, I don't like it at all, you can't rank stuff like that,
Yeah there's just too many variables. It's a nice idea in theory, but I'm waiting for the "Noob, you didn't do anything this game, look at your score", when in reality, that person *may* have done quite a bit.

Zoram

09-22-2011

There should be a capture score that determines how many times you get an enemy to break their capture attempts, that should make it seem better.

icanhasmudkipz

09-22-2011

I wait till they start capturing then disrupt for easy points <- score *****

Aametherar

09-22-2011

I also notice a lot will stay to cap something when the smart move would be to drop it and move to another point or help defend another point, but instead they stay for their precious score, there should be just as large a reward for leaving a cap point if your ally who is also capping stays and gets the cap without being reset.

Shjade Nexayre

09-22-2011

Indeed. Of course the trouble with doing something like awarding points just for staying in range of a turret you own would undoubtedly mean some people would feel encouraged to sit on the turrets for points when they'd be more effective advancing.

Better solution: ignore your score. It's not like it matters.