So Dominion- stupid meta already

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gareikn

09-22-2011

So many absolutes dealt on a mode that's only been available for hours. What is being observed in gameplay is going to be so vastly affected by players clinging to their Summoner's Rift tactics and/or their preconceived notions, such as tanky DPS' being unstoppable, that making any 100% definitive observations at this point is just pointless. You may notice that at least one character of every type was listed by at least one player as "OP" followed by a story of how they dominated every match they played as that character. What that represents to me, at the very least for the time being, is balance. I still wouldn't stick to that determination as if it were fact.

urmamasllama

09-22-2011

if squishy AD build frozen mallet (except ashe)

if AP build rylais

a balance of survive sustain and damage are crucial on dominion

tanky deeps are just already used to building like that

ShadowPraxis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shini Laser View Post
Yeah, sure, 1 v 3ing is rarely optimal, but if it lets my team win by 1 HP, bring them all on.
I want to hug you for this quote.

It's nice to see someone who understands the value of self-sacrifice in the name of team victory, rather than the idiots who challenge people to 1v1 at dragon because they feel like their masculinity has been bruised.

That's another reason I'm glad dying means less in Dominion. Someone willing to sacrifice themselves to distract the three people chasing them while their teammates cap nodes is the person I'd rather have on my team than the tanky dps who thinks K/D/A > Captures.

BusDriver7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

Caitlin is amazing in dominion. 5 Brusiers vs 4 Bruisers + Caitlin(Flash/Exhaust/Traps). You can't even dive her with all the CC your team provides.

anotherstiffler

09-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowPraxis View Post
I want to hug you for this quote.

It's nice to see someone who understands the value of self-sacrifice in the name of team victory, rather than the idiots who challenge people to 1v1 at dragon because they feel like their masculinity has been bruised.

That's another reason I'm glad dying means less in Dominion. Someone willing to sacrifice themselves to distract the three people chasing them while their teammates cap nodes is the person I'd rather have on my team than the tanky dps who thinks K/D/A > Captures.
This is the single biggest reason I love Dominion (besides the faster pace of the game). First, no one even has time to look at the scores to see who has a bad KDA ratio and complain, but even if they did that KDA ratio means so little in Dominion. I just won a game as Poppy where all I did the entire game was harass and push the lanes opposite of where the rest of my team was. Over and over again they would send 3 or even 4 people to gank me. I died nearly every time, but only after letting them chase me around for a good 10-12 seconds so my team could cap a node.

Haven't played much yet, but I see a meta-game developing here that is vastly different than anything we've seen so far. I'm 8W-2L so far (only 10 games played), and I'm really enjoying it. I have yet to see a strong mage do well in game, and I feel sorry for champs like Veigar or Nasus who have to farm up their abilities.

As far as I can tell, my favorite team comp would be:

Poppy
Ezreal
Rammus
Karthus
GP

3 Global ults stop anyone from capping a point, Rammus is amazing at harassing and capturing opposite points, Poppy is just a boss on this game, and everyone, if built well, can survive being chased down by 2-3 enemy. Or in Karthus' case, he can just defend bottom the whole game and even when he dies, keep the enemy off the turret.

Defend bottom turret with one champ at all times (Karthus), hold top two turrets and harass their turrets as often as possible. There might not be much changing of hands between the nodes, but that's how you'll win.

Hannor

09-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harate View Post
5 man AP caster is the meta
lol, 5 Odyn's veil. gg

Dragull

09-28-2011

Yeah, because Tryndamere, Yi, Akali, Rammus, Heimer, Nocturne are tanky DPS.