So Dominion- stupid meta already

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mcyborg

Senior Member

09-22-2011

I like how everyone trys to say "WORK AS A TEAM." The max you can have working together is about 3 at a time, if you have more than 3 then you will just constantly deal with amazing 1v1/1v2 champs taking your other points. Please try to argue with something actually valid lol.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xxx Zee Xxx

Senior Member

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus7 View Post
you could just get nasus and counter an all tank team. his ult will rape them and since he gets to late game faster in dom he's more viable. i'm not really sure about the siphon strike thing though...but i'm sure you could still do a good amount of damage and be a great defender. heimer is also amazing against tanky dps and so is kog'maw.

why don't you think about what you say before you say it? i mean, the instant you have a complaint do you just come onto the forums and post IMMEDIATELY?

jesus, think at least for 30 seconds if there's a solution to your problem before complaining that the game is already broken

hahahhahaha! I was just about to say that, But I must say, I'm a die hard fan of Nasus in Summoners rift but dominion... Hes more of a defender. because hes really reliant on his Q so other champs just out play him because they get the gold and have skills. Plus they don't need to actually farm minions to be OP.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Twolfandthelord

Senior Member

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehVoodooKush View Post
I like how everyone trys to say "WORK AS A TEAM." The max you can have working together is about 3 at a time, if you have more than 3 then you will just constantly deal with amazing 1v1/1v2 champs taking your other points. Please try to argue with something actually valid lol.
because there are a lot of idiots that try to capture bot enemy base(alone at that) instead of top, (that is more safe because it isn't right in the enemy's respawning point) or instead of defending secured points


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Paradox High

Junior Member

09-22-2011

Stealth champs are actually at a MUCH larger disadvantage than people give credit for, with the huge roster of additional options to detect stealth. Hextech Sweeper on Skarner in a game just now? Absolutely wrecked Akali's day, and Talon wasn't too happy about it either. Largely because of this, I think Akali in particular is a much less effective champ than she's usually seen as, and when people realize this I think she(and other stealth champions, though I think she gets hit the worst) will see a lot less play.

Otherwise, while it's not the be-all-end-all, tanky dps absolutely rules the day. Even more so than in SR, dishing out gobs and gobs of pain while being nigh-impossible to kill is just humongous.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ayanami Forever

Senior Member

09-22-2011

When we say work as a team, even if you group up in 3 and 2, you have your role in the team. Two defend one point, the other three push out the opposite direction. Teamwork is important and still exists in this game. Usually my team ends up being a tank and support (defenders) 2 DPS Champs, and then me (Evelynn) bouncing around from point to point killing off those who separate. I can even grab other points while the other two teams are getting pushed. You can take some pressure off of them just by being far away from them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akesgeroth

Senior Member

09-22-2011

Everyone I've ever seen who complains about tanky DPS auto-locks AD carries.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SexualHarasment

Member

09-22-2011

Kog'Maw.

That is my answer to tanky dps.

I played him a match and melted Rammus, Gangplank, and almost killed akali in a 1v3 at my turret.

Yes Rammus is undeniably strong in Dominion, he has pretty much the most ideal stats to excel in this gametype. If you don't want to play against a Rammus there is a very easy solution....

Play Draft Mode. There you can ban Rammus if you feel that he breaks the game for you, and you get a choice of banning any other champion you like.

I doubt that Riot will balance champions for Dominion, but I feel like Dominion is a 'just for fun' gametype anyways, so it doesn't really matter to me. If you are serious and want to play something (slightly) more balanced, then ignore dominion and play summoner's rift, otherwise, just have fun with it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shini Laser

Senior Member

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayanami Forever View Post
When we say work as a team, even if you group up in 3 and 2, you have your role in the team. Two defend one point, the other three push out the opposite direction. Teamwork is important and still exists in this game. Usually my team ends up being a tank and support (defenders) 2 DPS Champs, and then me (Evelynn) bouncing around from point to point killing off those who separate. I can even grab other points while the other two teams are getting pushed. You can take some pressure off of them just by being far away from them.
And sometimes, you need to take one for the team. Earlier, I had a Yi who refused to use 1 Alpha Strike and then probably die just to let the team complete the quest before the enemy did. Sure, we would still be down a node after the trade, but the 4 others with the 10% damage buff would probably make getting that third node easier.

Yeah, sure, 1 v 3ing is rarely optimal, but if it lets my team win by 1 HP, bring them all on.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ayanami Forever

Senior Member

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shini Laser View Post
And sometimes, you need to take one for the team. Earlier, I had a Yi who refused to use 1 Alpha Strike and then probably die just to let the team complete the quest before the enemy did. Sure, we would still be down a node after the trade, but the 4 others with the 10% damage buff would probably make getting that third node easier.

Yeah, sure, 1 v 3ing is rarely optimal, but if it lets my team win by 1 HP, bring them all on.
Yeah, for example, I was capturing a point with Tryn. We're both trying to capture when I notice a 3 man push coming from the inner circle, I stealth to them, engaged them killed one and died. It doesn't sound like i did much, but trynd finished the capture, and the other two champs died while trynd held the tower.

Teamwork is a major part of the game, it's just different team work than you're used to.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jadarok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piatchi View Post
Hopefully they do balance it a bit. It feels like you dont need to worry about your skill as a player much, because so much gold is passively given to you.
.
So farming gold is the only measurable skill? Plus capping points and getting kills still gives you gold. Plus dying all the time or at the wrong time can still cost you the game. This game just focuses a lot less are the farming/laning skills of SR, and add a whole lot more roaming with this new capture and hold dance.

Quote:
but of course tanky dps is the meta for dominion because the game scales so fast they are unstoppable
Well last I heard they are a "problem" In summoner's rift as well. What's the difference?