So Dominion- stupid meta already

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hightech

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

Junior Member with 280 total wins plays Dominion for a day and claims Tanky DPS are OP.

I think that is kind of funny.

Ayanami Forever

09-22-2011

I think Evelynn has something to say about your Dominion meta game.

edit: I was 1v1ing WW (always won) Noc (always one) and Olaf (75%-25%). I even walked out of a few 1v2 (at turret) okay.

RealBlackCleaver

09-22-2011

lol dominion is the ish! and rammus is crazy if you are really that upset about rammus tho go play dominion draft pick...otherwise shut up and enjoy the game. I <3 dominion and don't give a funk who i'm facing. 11 win 3 loss (1 because of a leave so we dikked around in the fountain the entire game). but yeah...stop complaining. learn how to play it

Ayanami Forever

09-22-2011

Draft pick is honestly the way to go, I don't know how I could even stand blind pick before.

Goshdarnit

09-22-2011

Kassadin is laughably overpowered compared to half the tanky dps you are whining about.

Shini Laser

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehVoodooKush View Post
Rammus being able to speed across the map/take on 2-3 people due to being super tanky 5 minutes in isn't stupid? Shini you are a complete and ignorant noob.
Love the personal insult. Honestly, out of all the games I've played, about two-thirds of the games I played against a Rammus without a Rammus on my team I've won. You know what it boils down to?

Teamwork. You have 3 points? Bloody defend them and always try to stay under the turret.

That is the bloody meta - teamwork. Not this champ not that champ - teamwork. Trust me, it wins a lot of games.

Amphernie

09-22-2011

The roles in Dominion are SOOO much different than SR. I see people playing common roles and they just fail.

I see the roles like this:
Guardian: Protects one point. This is usually nearest the spawn. This person is usually a tank with a series of CC and Garrison.
Harasser: This person does the hit and runs. Capping/Neutraling points so the enemy must fall back to defend. Must be fast and have good escape skills.
Pushers: The other 3 members. These players push and hold the two other points (2 near each other). 3 Points = Win. Harasser keeps the enemy scrambling so they can't put too much pressure on the pushers.

Full 5v5's shouldn't happen. Ever. This is the zerg mentality. You zerg one point, the other team takes 4. You move to the next, they take your last. You have to split or you lose.

Some champs have their roles changed as well.
Rammus is the biggest. He has gone from Tank to Harasser.

I think this is a whole new way of playing, and the people who like their routine Tank/Support/Carry/AP/TankyDPS are in for a rude awakening. Stop raging and either go back to SR, or open up your mind to a new play style.

Ayanami Forever

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shini Laser View Post
Love the personal insult. Honestly, out of all the games I've played, about two-thirds of the games I played against a Rammus without a Rammus on my team I've won. You know what it boils down to?

Teamwork. You have 3 points? Bloody defend them and always try to stay under the turret.

That is the bloody meta - teamwork. Not this champ not that champ - teamwork. Trust me, it wins a lot of games.
I'm going to have to agree with Shini, Rammus is on my top ban list, but he is little more than an annoyance. He's only real appeal is getting that top tower right off the bat. He's still a great champ, but there are better picks. If you really want to talk about op Dominion champs, consider Akali, Heimerdinger, and Evelynn.

Shini Laser

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayanami Forever View Post
I'm going to have to agree with Shini, Rammus is on my top ban list, but he is little more than an annoyance. He's only real appeal is getting that top tower right off the bat. He's still a great champ, but there are better picks. If you really want to talk about op Dominion champs, consider Akali, Heimerdinger, and Evelynn.
Rammus is on the top of my ban list, but not because I find Rammus a threat - it is because it seems no one but me knows how to properly deal with him. Even, with Rammus gone, as Precilla's Zilean, the party truly begins.

Ayanami Forever

09-22-2011

I'm just glad no one was banning Eve yet, man is she fun in Dominion. She's probably going to become top tier ban though =\

Edit: People really need to buy that oracles man, your just giving me free kills and points.