Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Rammus op in domenion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Askura

09-23-2011

Rammus is a joke, carry with bloodrazor or blitzcrank to yank him back = easy counter

Para

09-23-2011

I think what is making people really mad about Rammus is that he will reach windmill before anyone else. Usually the team that caps Windmill at the start uncontested will come out top first which makes it hard for the other team to push.

VelikiDrMr

09-23-2011

Rammus sucks bawls. If he's capping your points, send someone to cap one of theirs. When they go to stop that one, capture the one they left undefended.

Cylf

09-23-2011

Quote:
Para Vermillion:
I think what is making people really mad about Rammus is that he will reach windmill before anyone else. Usually the team that caps Windmill at the start uncontested will come out top first which makes it hard for the other team to push.

Yeah this is what me and my friends thought at first; but we started changing up our strategies and the last 5 games the other team got windmill first; the first 2 of them we lost a team fight we tried to force. the next 3 we varied up how we attempted to cap it and waited for them to grow impatient as we harrased them top/bot and manged to weaken them by playing a different kind of game. Dominion has so much of a chance for really good strategy and its amazing because there's no lvl 1-3 boring farming.
Also; try waiting for the middle relics; they Reallly help change the tide of battle if you can gain control of them first; sure you'll lose the first round of points but if you can gain momentum later you'll win anyway (notice most team wins by coming around from behind, i base this on the other team getting to pushy and over-extending. Dominion meta will most likely be fast paced movement relying on lots of fighting and defending. Not back capping, not who gets what first, not pushing creeps to take a tower; it'll be more like pushing summoners to take a tower)

AA247

09-23-2011

Quote:
subninja:
I'm not sure. I think if your team is on the ball, a high mobility champion like rammus won't actually be able to take any points from you. It takes quite a bit of time to capture a point, and rammus isn't going to be able to force a point if you're defending it.

So, just ensure that you have someone paying attention to where [insert mobility champion here] is heading, and stop them from capping. The tower (and you!) will prevent them from grabbing it. The key is to not waste too many resources (ie don't send your whole team) trying to stop him.

Also, I find clairvoyance to be effective against backdoor strats.
wait theres clairvoyance in dominion?

Drizoon

09-23-2011

Quote:
má companhia:
Rammus gives a good early game but I find eve and POPPY more annoying

agreed, with the dominion buff, Rammus isnt to bad. Poppy tho, lmfao, charge Q dead. happen to me as Swain and WW.

Profcory

09-23-2011

Quote:
innervation:
Check the cooldown on rammus powerball. Keep telling us that CV and global ults are viable counters.

While traps technically are a counter, that isn't the issue - its actually part of the problem.

part 1) when someone is trying to backdoor, all game, the other team can counter it by assigning a full time "goalie" to stop him - this isn't fun btw, just tedious guesswork. It also plays to his team's advantage b/c at any moment, he can appear at a contested node and help his team while youre stuck in between top and mid/top points waiting for him to appear.

part 2) no one else bds as well as rammus, and the gap between him and second place isn't even close.

Every other counter that I've thought of or seen proposed has even more serious problems than the one laid out in my part one.

You could counter back door the enemy, but that's not a fun counter. It's like saying "5 tanky dps in SR is too strong" solution: "well just counter pick 5 tanky dps duh".

You could go team global, but have to give up a significant advantage just to keep delaying rammus.

Agreed with what he said. The stated counters might be applicable to Rammus, but really they're applicable to *anyone* who is trying to move across the map to capture a point (which should really include anyone who isn't a dedicated defender). Rammus, as stated, is by far the best super-fast-ninja-capping champ, and as such overcomes such counters better than anyone.

Saying "If you're on the ball you can stop him" follows the same poor logic..."play well and you'll win!" is similarly helpful. The problem is that it is much harder to beat Rammus at that backdooring game than anyone else, in addition to him being tanky.

This is the definition of OP.

TheNotoriousKEV

09-23-2011

Quote:
FailIncorporated:
In the last 4 games i played there was a rammus that brought ghost and instantly rushed top and capped it before anyone else could even get there. then you can't even contend the turret because early game it will tear you apart if you dive. the other team gets a free cap and rammus is free to back door any time you decide to push anywhere else. Let us not forget the item that lets him cap faster. then he brings the ability that also lets him cap faster. now you have a back door machine that is hard to kill and can taunt you into the tower that he takes. gentlemen i give you instant rage!

Bring Garrison.

Beef All The Way

09-23-2011

Ramus is one of my champs, and yes I played as him in Dominion yesterday. Early game I'd cap points like crazy and the entire area would be a massive zerg fest of the enemy team trying to take back the points I'd cap. If I was left alone I'd take points but otherwise I'd just nuetralize them and move off. By the time mid game came around (7-9 mins) I'd take center buff and I could solo teh entire team. The closest I came to being killed doing that was against a Malz, Yi, Trynd, Ryze, Malph team. Ryze nearly killed me (I also started the fight at 50% hp) but I still solo'd the enitre team under a nuetral tower (I'd just nuetralized it when they showed up.) then my team caped all the points, and we proceeded to win will all 5 points for the rest of the game. And I did this several times yesterday. (the game I listed here we were at 8:450 when we did this turn around.) Ramus op in dominion? probably.