Dominion Gameplay Concepts

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Masamune Ryuu

09-23-2011

Your waste of time is called stalling.

You can stall with a lot of champions and tanky dps do it very well, specially with CC (i.e. j4), not to mention it gives Garrison it's most important utility.

Arblis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

Yeeeess this is what I keep trying to tell people! What's important is TIME! "I may have a crappy score this game, but the whole time, I had at least two people after me, trying to catch me. I hope you took that opportunity to win for us, mister teammate."

Myrmidont

09-23-2011

Yorick shaco and heim seem to be ideal for the map... akali and kennen are also amazingly good and probably lee sin to some extent.... GP and pantheon are good as well.

rammus is the boss tank of dominion.

I've yet to see a leblanc or an urgot but I bet they're amazing as well.

defending a point may not give you a lot of the "score" but holding that point is super important.

If you've got the lead there is no reason not to turtle up and keep 1 on a point, if they try to focus a point, you get the guys at the furthest end + one or more of your left overs and zerg another point.

EddyEduardo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrmidont View Post
I've yet to see a leblanc or an urgot but I bet they're amazing as well.
You know, I actually thought about this too.

Shouldn't these amazing early game champs be insane on a map where the game only lasts 20 minutes?
But I think that they would be outclassed because all the champs will complete their builds so much faster than on SR, and they'll be outclassed.
Who cares who dominates at the start of the game in Dominion? The team who wins is the team that finishes the game off.
You just can't afford to have someone on your team who becomes useless after, say, the 15 minute mark, when everyone has completed their builds.

Freykin

09-23-2011

I played one game each as Leblanc and Urgot earlier today on Dominion. In both cases I did exceptionally well, especially as Urgot. I could stop so many captures, and if anyone tried to take a turret from me, I'd just garrison->swap->kill. Leblanc was great for roaming and ambushing from the jungle, as while someone's capping it's easy to dash silence ult chain them from so many different directions.

The most fun I had though was running a defensive AP Shaco, fending off 2-3 champs at a time with my jitbs and clone.

Very well written guide, explains a lot of things. I especially like the mention of time as a resource.

Rzeczywiscie

09-23-2011

The single really bad thing is, most players will probably want to be getting all the sweet action and play roamers/ninjacappers, while there might be much less people interested in the somewhat less exciting act of defending capture points. If my predictions are right, this just might make solo queue in Dominion a huge mess, even long after the meta matures.

On the other hand, I can't really decide whether I like the idea of a single go-to meta in Dominion or not. While some general tactical guidelines would be nice, the current state of Dominion kind of reminded me how fun it was to play on SR before it all started depending mostly on earlygame micro and went down to 1-1-1-2 farm farm farm grab kills baron ace push win.

Krom

09-23-2011

The problem with solo Defenders is that the good ones start falling off around the 10min mark.

I've done just fine and felt pretty strong as Morg holding windmill solo 2v1 before. Ex: Shield to stop Singed, Cage to keep Garen off me, Puddle to push the lane, passive spell vamp for sustain, and that nifty ult.

But after awhile those tanky dudes with lots of gold stop caring about your damage, and your long CDs start weighing you down and your effectiveness drops like brick.

Same is true for Heimer, I know why people would THINK hes good here... but he gets screwed over after the 10min mark too. Your turrets get 2 shotted, and once again the long CD on rockets and storing up parts for more turrets makes you ineffective. And of course he himself is squishy as ****.

Teemo has the same issue with long CD on generating shrooms. Another champ I THOUGHT was going to be great before playing, but turns out to have some glaring weaknesses. But at least he can auto attack and is mobile.

I know about Kogmaw, but he can't solo defend early on, and if it isn't 1v1 can have issues with getting bullied far off the point.

rumples

09-23-2011

so, considering pushing minions is a reasonable role, is it fair to assume we'll eventually see champs that scale great with items doing so for the gold? Meanwhile, champs that don't really need farm (support mostly) handle roam? I have yet to pay attention to the gold from kills..its less isnt it?

Greeeek

Recruiter

09-23-2011

Teemo with the increased cap speed is the BD champion. Played against one and he was always where we werent capping a point..Very frustrating to deal with.

Hobocop

09-23-2011

Cho'gath is without a doubt one of the best defenders. Two AoE Nukes/CCs, an AoE autoattack steroid, and a True damage nuke all scaling with AP. Go tanky AP with a good attack speed item like Nashor's Tooth, and good luck taking the point in any fashion unless you outnumber him heinously.

Pure tank Cho works ok, but it isn't as strong as it usually is due to the difficulty in keeping Feast stacked up, and you just don't have the damage threat as pure tank without red buff on the map.

1234567 ... 10