Now that some of the hype about Dominion has gone down

1234567 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MG z3rg3m3ow

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieSheensEgo View Post
It's fast and it's fun
trollshotgg?

Dragonk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

I would rather Magma Chamber 100x. I really dislike and everything about it.... I'm trying to like it really hard.... My friends like it..... Also **** Rammus man, **** Rammus....

Talryu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

The minions... If you push with them and then capture a point with their help.. you should see how fast you can get it. As anivia, minions are your best friend in dominion.

Quantumprophecy

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3rg3m3n View Post
Sure, I'm making "Assumptions."

But honestly, not to flaunt or anything, I have a very good understanding of the game. Most top players agree with my ideas on balance. It's really not that difficult to see that a squishy, low-speed mage who relies on mana, will ALWAYS be outclassed by a Lee Sin or Akali in a map where small teamfights prevail.

Same goes for the rest...it's not difficult to apply advanced knowledge of the game to a different game mode / map, specially one that is so simplistic and reminiscent of arathi basin
I have had and seen many people so far have incredible success with mages so far. I have seen Brand, Orianna, Lux, and most shockingly, Anivia, do incredibly well.

And no, you can't just "apply knowledge of other things" to this. High elo players define the meta game and guide this game. They are also the idiots that would of laughed at AP Morde months ago, cried Allistar, Annie, and Ryze would be garbage after their remakes, wouldn't touch Jax or kayle a few months back, and are just now seeing that Talon might not be a worse akali after all. Those players that define the meta, are also the immovable object that need to get crushed by something repeatedly before they realize "hey, maybe we were wrong".

Dominion has been out for less than 2 days and you and all the rest of high elo already has it all figured out? I seriously doubt it.

And worst case scenario, Riot has many more points they can adjust on this map than on SR to help the overall balance. The global aura, the speed boosts, the crystal in middle, capture rates, minions, literally tons more numbers across the board they can tweak that are easy to do. And lets not forget, we are still over a week from release. They have time to fix things.

Icylobster

09-22-2011

I would be interested in having the towers hit harder. As far as balance, its just a different meta from Summoners Rift. What I really like is that some champs that aren't as viable on Summoners Rift are a bit better in Dominion. Some things need tweaking, yes, but I think some of the old standards have changed. As riot has stated, I think it needs some more time.

Letkhar

09-22-2011

I agree. It seems pretty lacking in depth to me. I just sort of run around trying to capture points and don't know why I win or lose.

Pwntatochipz

09-22-2011

Basically most Champions that SUCK in Summoners Rift are viable / OF USE in Dominion. Yay, working as intended. Where I don't need to have a giant farm fest and waiting for the same neutral buffs. Always constant action.

Rossa Auster

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantumprophecy View Post
I have had and seen many people so far have incredible success with mages so far. I have seen Brand, Orianna, Lux, and most shockingly, Anivia, do incredibly well.

And no, you can't just "apply knowledge of other things" to this. High elo players define the meta game and guide this game. They are also the idiots that would of laughed at AP Morde months ago, cried Allistar, Annie, and Ryze would be garbage after their remakes, wouldn't touch Jax or kayle a few months back, and are just now seeing that Talon might not be a worse akali after all. Those players that define the meta, are also the immovable object that need to get crushed by something repeatedly before they realize "hey, maybe we were wrong".

Dominion has been out for less than 2 days and you and all the rest of high elo already has it all figured out? I seriously doubt it.

And worst case scenario, Riot has many more points they can adjust on this map than on SR to help the overall balance. The global aura, the speed boosts, the crystal in middle, capture rates, minions, literally tons more numbers across the board they can tweak that are easy to do. And lets not forget, we are still over a week from release. They have time to fix things.
This minigame will fall into obscurity like TT has and will get as much balance attention as TT gets(none). Why? It's a minigame. You seriously think Dominion has enough depth or potential to be played at WGC or IEM? Nobody is going to tolerate any balance changes that happen because Dominion needs them to happen and I don't see Riot remaking/changing champions just for Dominion mode.

As it is any further resources that get devoted to Dominion is a slap in the community's face. Spending time tweaking your minigame is better left to interns or designers with free time. I suspect that once the newness wears off there will be an ever larger outcry wondering why Riot wasted their time on this minigame and why it took a year to make.

Steel Rain

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossa Auster View Post
I suspect that once the newness wears off there will be an ever larger outcry wondering why Riot wasted their time on this minigame and why it took a year to make.
Because the playerbase kept crying about new maps

(and because it's fun...)

Quantumprophecy

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossa Auster View Post
This minigame will fall into obscurity like TT has and will get as much balance attention as TT gets(none). Why? It's a minigame. You seriously think Dominion has enough depth or potential to be played at WGC or IEM? Nobody is going to tolerate any balance changes that happen because Dominion needs them to happen and I don't see Riot remaking/changing champions just for Dominion mode.

As it is any further resources that get devoted to Dominion is a slap in the community's face. Spending time tweaking your minigame is better left to interns or designers with free time. I suspect that once the newness wears off there will be an ever larger outcry wondering why Riot wasted their time on this minigame and why it took a year to make.
Is it really that hard to give Dominion a bit more time than day 2 of beta? If a champ had been out for 1 day, and I claimed he was garbage, would you take my word for it?

1234567 ... 13