Now that some of the hype about Dominion has gone down

12345612 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mikeylikesit17

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

akali gets counter by mutli items u can buy. no one in this game is OP or game changing in dominion.

jax is the one beastly character.

RexSaur

09-22-2011

It is fun and all,but honestly it is a derp fest that gets old,its even more unbalanced than TT imo,few broken champs that gets played in every other game,another tanky dps ''only'' mode(save for a few assassins and mobile champs),theres no penalty for dying,the timer is too low and so is the gold reward,you can literally win by stacking PD's and just run around getting points,you die?NP you'll only gave 100 gold or so and you'll be back in less than 15 seconds with over 500 ms.Towers are laughably weak,way too vunelrable to BD's,the minions pushing should be something more essential to the game,etc and etc...

The perma ms buff just breaks the map even more,theres couple of balance issues,riot needs to ''iron'' them much more before dominion can see anything close to ''competition''.

Scosci

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

So far, the only complaints I really have about Dominion are:
1. Tower range and damage. Too short, too low, too ineffective.
2. Dat starting Aura. 15% armor pen for the physical carriers? Perhaps it is just best to do away with the armor AND magic pen portion of that global aura.
3. Movespeed is the new God you worship when you enter Dominion. High mobility and/or long range characters always have the upper hand in this mode. Always.

Aside from that, it's a great change of pace from the usual SR and TT. Very engaging and has a healthy promotion of team dynamics and cooperative work. Sure, its high-octane-give-you-a-heart-attack speed may not be for everybody, but I would say the more game options - the merrier.

Quantumprophecy

09-22-2011

You are making to many assumptions about the nature of Dominion which to be honest, no one even understands yet.

1) "champs aren't balanced" I don't see how you can even say this when there hasn't even been 2 full days of play to determine who's OP. From what I have seen both on the forums and in game, there are a number of champs that excel at Dominion but I wouldn't call any of them OP. Yeah, Rammus is great. So are 20 other champs according to the forums and what I have seen. I have yet to see 1 champ or 1 class of champ just be the nuts. While I agree there might be some champs that aren't good on dominion, I seriously doubt there are going to be a list that are OP like it is on TT. And to go even further, there's no meta at the moment. You can't say any champ, let alone and class of champ, when there's literally no idea what's effective right now. No one knows what strat will be the best one, so how can you pass judgment on who's balanced and worth a spot?

2) Ok, so garrison is lacking. Nothing some buffs can't fix. from my experience certain champs can make **** good use of it.

3) again, you are making an assumption about the nature of the game, which no one understands yet. Maybe minions are worthless. Maybe Dominion is less about random pushes like you and everyone else thinks, and more about minion pushing. I have taken the time to push the minions to the enemy turret a couple of times and noticed it's really effective if you have a quick way to do it (I was playing YI at the time).

4) Same thing again. We don't know how to play Dominion yet. Maybe buffs aren't important. I know 1 thing I have noticed so far is there is never any push by players to stop the other team from getting the buff. No one knows how the game will pan out and the meta will form. Those buffs are awesome early game. Maybe a 3 cap and defend strat will be the best meta, in which case getting that buff early and denying the enemy theirs will be super strong.

All I'm saying, is I understand the desire people have to give criticism, but this is a little extreme. We have had less than 2 days of play on this new map, with many people not having gotten to play it at all until just a few hours ago. There could not be any less knowledge of DOminion right now and you are passing judgment bases on things you just don't know. Maybe you are right, but just give it some time for people to figure it out.

Kreic

09-22-2011

Garrison need a buff Tryn is hard!

Rossa Auster

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3rg3m3n View Post
I would like to repost my thoughts on Dominion.

I agree that it is fun, but I am rather disappointed with the balance and the fun it can generate in the long-term. I do think it is engaging and intriguing, I just feel it fell a bit short on execution.

I did like the quick startup and the pvp aspect of it. However:

1) Champion balance, inevitably, is a bit lacking. You need to be either a tanky dps, a high mobility champion, or a strong earlygame/assassin champion (Rammus, Akali, Jax, etc). There isn't much room for endgame champions that can be shut down early, as objectives must be constantly fought for, from the start. Snowballing will probably be very common. There isn't room for low-mobility champions. Mages have a hard time with mana and sustain. Even teamfighting champions don't fare well, since it would be uncommon for big teamfights to occur..I mean...there are multiple objectives to keep track of, and mobile heroes have the upperhand (getting to objectives quickly, being able to chase and escape on such a small map).

2) Garrison feels useless. The tower system falls short in my opinion. Tower damage is rather low, and the range can be worked around (it's pretty short..), especially considering they shut down whenever you're capturing the objective. I don't feel it has real power compared to other summoner spells, specially since mobility and teamfighting at different parts of the map play such an important aspect. The only time I could see it being good is for its offensive capability, trying to rush/kill people at a particular objective...

3) The creeps seem more of an afterthought than actual important objectives to keep track of. Yes, they grant gold, but you can circle around them to capture objectives and most of the game is focused on constant fights and objective control, as that is the primary way to win the game. They don't seem to offer anything important to the game except a bit of afk farming (Although, promote might be interesting to work with. Can't give an opinion on that yet)

4) The neutral buffs seem lackluster in general (With the exception of the movement speed buff). The healing packs are extremely low-values. The shields were a really cool concept, but I again feel as if the values are "meh." They can be broken through pretty easily, especially considering the types of champs that will probably dominate (Garen, Lee Sin, Akali, etc)

I just felt that the execution fell short. The objectives set in place seem lackluster and the focus is misplaced. (I honestly would have probably preferred magma chamber, all things considered.)

Is it just me? Thoughts? Comments?
Its not just you. In my opinion It's a mini-game:

"A minigame (also spelled mini-game or mini game and sometimes called a subgame) is a short video game often contained within another video game. A minigame is always smaller or more simplistic than the game in which it is contained."

What you're feeling is the lack of depth, strategy, and reward that SR offers. It's a half-assed version of CTF bolted onto a pre-existing game concept. To those telling us to top assuming. Seriously? If you can't wrap your mind around Dominion after your second play through, then there is something wrong. The OP is a platinum player, proof he can figure things out rather well.

cheddar fetter

09-22-2011

Personally, I find Garrison very useful defensively. While it won't always keep you alive, it will definitely delay them, and if you know what you are doing, it should take about 3 people to actually take it from you if you use garrison.

Earlier in a game, me and a team mate went to protect the refinery as purple and 3 of the opponents came. They quickly forced my team mate out with almost no health, and then tried to get me, who was still defending. I eneded up killing 2 and forcing one to back off with the help of garrison before dieing.

Also, team work is king in this mode. In the only game I've lost (or any of my friends that I played with lost) in a pre made team, the final score was 0-6.

MG z3rg3m3ow

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantumprophecy View Post
Snip
Sure, I'm making "Assumptions."

But honestly, not to flaunt or anything, I have a very good understanding of the game. Most top players agree with my ideas on balance. It's really not that difficult to see that a squishy, low-speed mage who relies on mana, will ALWAYS be outclassed by a Lee Sin or Akali in a map where small teamfights will inevitably prevail.

Same goes for the rest...it's not difficult to apply advanced knowledge of the game to a different game mode / map, specially one that is so simplistic and reminiscent of arathi basin

CharlieSheensEgo

09-22-2011

It's fast and it's fun

Steel Rain

09-22-2011

I just find it interesting that people are even talking about hero balance on a new map. A lot of people seem to think certain heroes are imba on Summoner's Rift now (you know who you are, irelia haters), but if we are being honest, Riot's come a long way from global autowins, Jax dodging towers, stacking 3 lucky picks and, heaven help us, old Garen, old Irelia, old Vayne...and it took them a little less than 2 years.

What we have here is a new map that has the potential to redefine everything we know about team comp and how to win the game. Of course it's going to be super imba.

12345612 ... 13