Mages: feel like there at a disadvantage in Dominion

First Riot Post
123456 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BritticusMaximus

09-22-2011

Supports are right out. Played a game with Kayle and rocked. Her support helped keep team alive in tower pushes so I thought I'd try playing similarly with Sona. It was bad. It felt like her cooldowns were too long for me to do much of anything, and hers are ridiculously short.

Rebonack

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinsoo View Post
I think there are definitely some other mages that are quite strong on Dominion as well, but they're not the typical SR mages that dominate. I'm thinking about champions like Leblanc, Kassadin, and Karthus (OK he can do well on SR too, but you have to be really good with him). Whereas some of the mages that dominate SR don't do as well on Dominion (thinking Annie, Malhazar, Brand, etc). And you guys mentioned Ryze, but he's more of a tanky AP carry in my eyes. Either way, I think he's definitely viable on SR.

Then there's poppy, who could be a mage in your eyes.
Malz?

Really?

Considering how good he is at blowing up a single target I would expect him to do really well.

vandridine

09-22-2011

all i play is mages... because of the very high number of melee.. anti melee mages like karthus, or cass who can kite are very powerful.

Riot has even said that after they learned the in and outs of the game,, casters were the most powerful champion in the game, not melee. We just need to give it time and see what happens

Mule51

09-22-2011

Fiddles was decent when I played with him

Splendid Pie

09-22-2011

I've had success with LeBlanc, due to her ridiculous single target burst and mobility, and Lux, due to her CC and laser. Saw some Kats tearing **** up too. I tried Fiddle and Annie and they just felt awful...

@ the 2nd post: I've been doing really well with Riven. She's quite strong in the small duels and skirmishes that take place, synergizes amazingly well with Entropy + Ghostblade, and she can dive like a boss.

Aihna

09-22-2011

AP kog is a beast in Dom

FistOfZeus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

try ap teemo and ap shaco if you want a "mage" fix they both dominate in dom

Guinsoo

Game Designer

09-22-2011
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
Malz?

Really?

Considering how good he is at blowing up a single target I would expect him to do really well.
Too long of CDR on his ult IMO. You can blow one guy up, but now you're a standing target for anyone else I mentioned for the next 1-2 minutes.

Annie fares a little better with her reliable stun I think.

However, I'm sure an intrepid Malhazar player will be eager to prove me wrong.

EDIT: I'm also finding Shaco to be pretty solid on Dominion as well. He defends points well (JitB), can backdoor and capture points quickly, can leap walls, and gets access to more gold than he probably usually does on SR.

NoobxInxBlue

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinsoo View Post
I think there are definitely some other mages that are quite strong on Dominion as well, but they're not the typical SR mages that dominate. I'm thinking about champions like Leblanc, Kassadin, and Karthus (OK he can do well on SR too, but you have to be really good with him). Whereas some of the mages that dominate SR don't do as well on Dominion (thinking Annie, Malhazar, Brand, etc). And you guys mentioned Ryze, but he's more of a tanky AP carry in my eyes. Either way, I think he's definitely viable on SR.

Then there's poppy, who could be classified as a mage.
Classifying Ryze as AP anything is like saying caitlyn is a tank. Don't even.

Ryze is a Tanky Mana Caster, get it right =)

Orcheon

09-22-2011

ap carries with mobility are good, ap without mobility tend to be not so good

exception is fiddle because he has 2 ccs a huge aoe and a life drain, another one is ryze because he is tanky

123456 ... 12