[Guide] Captain Teemo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Captain Teemo

09-18-2009

This guide was so old and people started posting in it again.
Don't post in guides that are more than two months old as they are typically outdated by then.

I wrote a new, simple guide to replace this one.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...071#post391071

Floatzel

09-22-2009

great teemo outline

Joykill

09-23-2009

I build my teemo practically the same allthough I get the lifesteal scepter as first item, then zerker boots and then indeed finishing malady and wits end, if the game lasts long enough I add an infinity edge.

I do prefer this skill priority
lvl 1: poison
lvl 2: blinding dart
lvl 3: blinding dart
lvl 4: poison
lvl 5: move quick
lvl 6: mushroom
after that I use this priority line
mushroom > blinding dart > poison > move quick

All in all, a great outline indeed

Lord Nikon

09-23-2009

I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to kill with this build. Creeps? Perhaps it'd be best in the subject if you added [low dmg / high speed / mediocre life steal build].

Captain Teemo

09-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Nikon View Post
I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to kill with this build. Creeps? Perhaps it'd be best in the subject if you added [low dmg / high speed / mediocre life steal build].
It does fantastic damage to champions. You would be amazed at how fast the damage from malady and wits end stacks up. Especially on the new super buff teemo.

Maybe you are unaware how much damage each attack does with these two items.

Lord Nikon

09-23-2009

I'm super aware of how much damage they do together as this was one of the first builds before I noticed Teemo's AP coefficient on Q. Teemo is a super fantastic farmer and with a BF Sword and a Malady (or any 40% attack speed item) he can rip through a tower with incredible proficiency. I'd throw a BF sword in there before Wit's End. Shortly after you get Malady you should be killing heroes anyway so money shouldn't be an issue.

Though, really, I'd still build AP Teemo. Also, what's the point of cooldown runes on attack speed teemo? 55% crit book imo.

Edit-

In fact, I'd go with this:
0. Knife
1. Berserker Greaves
2. Recurve Bow
3. BF Sword
4. Wit's End
5. Whatever. You should have enough money by now to be loaded with items.

Hell, I might actually take the BF Sword at number 2. And move Recurve Bow down one.

Shizz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Teemo View Post
It does fantastic damage to champions. You would be amazed at how fast the damage from malady and wits end stacks up. Especially on the new super buff teemo.

Maybe you are unaware how much damage each attack does with these two items.

I think his point was that neither Malady or Wit's End has any dmg. Sure it'll increase your atk speed, but a mix of atk spd + atk power is usually a much better combo, but to each his own.

I've seen AP Teemos tear it up and I've also seen atk spd/atk pwr Teemos rape face, so play him to fit your playstyle. I personally prefer a mixture of both, but with a bit more atk pwr than AP.

TwoFatNuts

Adjudicator

09-23-2009

Been playing alot of teemo lately and Ive tried Ap build twice and for me it is farrr inferrior to an attack dmg/speed build. I usually start with a dagger and a health pot so I can lane longer and by my first trip back to base I usually have enough cash for Wits End. After that I get Berzerk boots and then choose depending on my opponents. Ive tried the new rageblade item but found it to be lacking even though it looks like its made just for teemo.

anyways, just my 2c

Shizz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoFatNuts View Post
Been playing alot of teemo lately and Ive tried Ap build twice and for me it is farrr inferrior to an attack dmg/speed build. I usually start with a dagger and a health pot so I can lane longer and by my first trip back to base I usually have enough cash for Wits End. After that I get Berzerk boots and then choose depending on my opponents. Ive tried the new rageblade item but found it to be lacking even though it looks like its made just for teemo.

anyways, just my 2c
I've heard this a lot and I agree with it, but only from a champ killing perspective.

AP Teemo is more of a team support Teemo in the sense that your mushrooms will do 1k dmg or more and your blinding dart will hurt significantly more. Also, AP Teemos usually get a lil bit of cd reduction (Nashor's Tooth) which helps for more mushrooms, which always helps the team.

TwoFatNuts

Adjudicator

09-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizz View Post
AP Teemo is more of a team support Teemo in the sense that your mushrooms will do 1k dmg or more and your blinding dart will hurt significantly more. Also, AP Teemos usually get a lil bit of cd reduction (Nashor's Tooth) which helps for more mushrooms, which always helps the team.
Will try this out tonight thx for advice

P.S. forgot to mention, I always use armor penetration runes with teemo, but for this strat I'll go cd reduction.