Skarner in dominion!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spencer

09-23-2011

He would be better served by a weaker steroid on his shield... but make it persists after the shield wears off. As it stands now, he can't chase, but is reliant on being right next to the enemy.

vespene

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
Sure, but combined with his passive... his sustain is not bad at all. Take Annie's Incinerate (chosen since it is AOE and Annie is known for her burst):
It does 280 damage on an 8 second cooldown (I'll ignore itemization for the sake of simplicity). That is 35 damage per second.

Skarner's crystal slash is 148 damage every 3.5 second (we'll ignore that his passive lowers this by 1 second every hit). That is 42.3 damage per second. Again, this will be quite a bit higher due to his passive.

Annie's burst because of her Q and her R is significantly higher, admittedly... but it should be. She is a burst character. Skarner is tanky DPS.

His problem is that his W is almost completely useless. It is incredibly good until he gets hit... however he is the type of champion that has to get in thick and get hit. If you are chasing someone, they can realistically remove your shield before your second Q comes up for proc to slow them.
The problem with this calculation is that his Q doesn't proc the magic damage on the first hit so you have wait between 1.5-3.5 seconds before getting the full potential. If we want to compared magic-based DPS spells, compare it with Rumble; he does 75 DPS with his Flamespitter alone which is sky high next to Skarner's Q. He also doesn't need to melee at all to get a decent cooldown and he can increase it by 30% while in the dangerzone.

I agree with you on the shield tho. Loosing his stats if the shield breaks (and it is meant to be broken) really gimps Skarner on the AS he so desperately needs. Meanwhile Xin and Nocturne get 80% AS for free by pressing a button and for almost the same duration (5 seconds instead of 6).

It's also insulting that he can't auto-attack while ulting... I mean his victim is RIGHT THERE! Smack it! Nooooope, Chuck Testa.

Asfastasican

09-23-2011

Just because I love you guys so much...

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...ominion-129984

Hethow

09-23-2011

Skarner is very good in Dom. I also had a break out game #1 first time skarner on Dominion

Mr Mystical

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volty View Post
I gave a lot of thought toward ensuring that Skarner would be effective on The Crystal Scar, especially given that its his home turf!
I was wondering about that with his name! Spot on ....good deal. Imma try him next time DOM is up.

jamesmacca

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volty View Post
I gave a lot of thought toward ensuring that Skarner would be effective on The Crystal Scar, especially given that its his home turf!
This = Exactly what i thought when I read the OP. Home ground advantage