Skarner in dominion!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KayproGamer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

I like him. I start with upraded boots (usually speed on dominion), sheen, FN and/or Thornmail, Tri-force items. Usually by the time Tri-force is done the game is over. Start with a point in everything and then pretty much ignore E.

SmilinMatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

Skar, Skar, SKARNER

PickleChutney

09-23-2011

He sucks... big time.

Aqualisk

09-23-2011

He's still a really weak champion. His damage is abyssmal until he manages to build 2 or 3 really expensive hybrid items. I honestly can't think of any reason to ever choose him over Blitzcrank or Udyr.

Spencer

09-23-2011

Sad but true Aqualisk. I want him to be viable more than virtually any other champ. I just don't think he is right now. I have had some great games with him, but I attribute that more to ****ty opponents.

iceyknight

09-23-2011

sadf

hashinshin

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
I don't think it is his numbers. If someone chooses to engage, his Q spam does a ton of sustain. His E is virtually worthless though. I think the real problem is in how almost awesome his W is. Push W and you become a damage dealing, chasing god... until you get hit twice.
His E starts 80 damage, ends 240. It could DEFINITELY see a bump up to ending at 280 (which is in line with other such spells.)

But, for example. His Q at rank 1 does 3/8 of a normal nuke unstacked, 3/4 base. His Q at rank 5 does 1/4 of a normal nuke unstacked, 1/2 stacked. Quite a bit gets lost. They need to increase his Q damage at ranks 2-4.

Shockwave

09-23-2011

Just tried him on dominion. Against a team that knows how to kite, you're ****ed. No getting around this, and he doesn't have the natural toughness in spells of say, Udyr, to mitigate that.

Overlord NA

09-23-2011

K/D means **** in Dominion.

Spencer

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashinshin View Post
His E starts 80 damage, ends 240. It could DEFINITELY see a bump up to ending at 280 (which is in line with other such spells.)

But, for example. His Q at rank 1 does 3/8 of a normal nuke unstacked, 3/4 base. His Q at rank 5 does 1/4 of a normal nuke unstacked, 1/2 stacked. Quite a bit gets lost. They need to increase his Q damage at ranks 2-4.
Sure, but combined with his passive... his sustain is not bad at all. Take Annie's Incinerate (chosen since it is AOE and Annie is known for her burst):
It does 280 damage on an 8 second cooldown (I'll ignore itemization for the sake of simplicity). That is 35 damage per second.

Skarner's crystal slash is 148 damage every 3.5 second (we'll ignore that his passive lowers this by 1 second every hit). That is 42.3 damage per second. Again, this will be quite a bit higher due to his passive.

Annie's burst because of her Q and her R is significantly higher, admittedly... but it should be. She is a burst character. Skarner is tanky DPS.

His problem is that his W is almost completely useless. It is incredibly good until he gets hit... however he is the type of champion that has to get in thick and get hit. If you are chasing someone, they can realistically remove your shield before your second Q comes up for proc to slow them.