Skarner in dominion!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KrazyBonez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

So i saw the enemy team pick someone i didnt like, and decided i would choose skarner just for the lulz. It was more just to see how he did, and cuz i havent played him in forever, pretty much since release.

I eneded up having a GREAT k/d ratio, as well as netting 1978 points and being the MVP on my team. IMO skarner is actually good on this map, who would have thought!?

Pompy The Pig

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

I don't know, I still found him to be lackluster.

What did you build?

KrazyBonez

09-22-2011

Hextech first, then Trinity, followed by a Force of Nature. Worked out very well.

Backyard Mime

09-22-2011

I mean decent sustain, speed boost, ability to chase champs very well.. these things seem like Dominion assets. How did you keep his mana up without blue buff though? Or are lives just short enough on Dominion that you die before you exhaust your mana pool?

blubberking

09-22-2011

The crystal scar is weeping.

KrazyBonez

09-22-2011

I ran my "heavy mana caster" rune page, search my profile and look at it. That is why i had plenty of mana

Pompy The Pig

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyBonez View Post
Hextech first, then Trinity, followed by a Force of Nature. Worked out very well.
Mmk, I may try that when I play him again.

Really love skarner, makes me excited he may be better here.

Jarbis

09-22-2011

I rush Boots of lucidity and then get Nashor's Tooth. I've been doing really well, as he has all the major things a Dominion character wants: AoEs, CC, Mobility, Sustain, and strong 1v1 potential.

Yeah, Skarner is best on Dominion of any mode for certain, regardless of how good he is.

Also, people think you will do nothing until you start carrying

Gaisuto

09-22-2011

I've been #1 on my team in two of the past 3 games, and I got #3 on the last one I played. Skarner is an absolute BEAST in Dominion! I'm pretty sure in saying he was designed with Dominion in mind from the get go.

If you get the Tear of the Goddess at the very start, and put one point into all 3 of your skills...just spam them in your spawn point while waiting. By the time the gate opens and the battle begins, you have over 90 bonus mana already.

Defensive masteries on him, get him Ninja Tabi, Sheen, Manamune if you really want but I usually hop right into Triforce. Frozen Heart somewhere too...and usually that's all you need! Can do whatever from that point on, but Skarner is an absolute terror in Crystal Scar (get it? Home turf yo!) and Dominion in general. I'm actually really happy about this.

Volty

Game Designer

09-23-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I gave a lot of thought toward ensuring that Skarner would be effective on The Crystal Scar, especially given that its his home turf!