Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

AP vs AD in Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exitwounds

09-22-2011

It's a joke - AP is undercut so badly by AD it's not even funny.

Only your traditional burst champions are viable as AP from what I have seen. Your Akali's, Brands and others of the like. Support basically goes out the window other than Morgana to an extent.

AD is absolutely out of control due to the immense gold gain. You can't even build armor to counter it effectively. Champs that possess any kind of true damage or percentage damage (Vayne, Irelia and Kog) control the game.

I faced a Yi with 5 Zeals and boots of mobility - it looked like he was hacking, he was moving so fast. I was able to counter him by building the same on Vayne since my Silver bolts coupled with the new Dominion Razor item ripped him in half.

You don't even need to stack damage, i think I was at a whopping 135 or something like that. It's the same thing that happens in regular games, but due to the massively accelerated gold gains, you had AD's going godly in 4-5 minutes.

I don't even play AP anymore but they have my sympathy. Dominion is absolutely controlled by the AD characters with Vayne, Kog, Irelia, Yi and I imagine Trynd being a cut above all other AD.

Just my initial impression given how easy it is to win with Vayne.

BigDaddyDelish

09-22-2011

I hugely disagree, I played as Orianna the other day and did very well. I also played Anivia and did very well, but we still ultimately lost sadly.

AP isn't that bad, the only issue I have with them is that mana is a big issue earlier on.

Exitwounds

09-22-2011

Hey, if you had good luck with AP, more power to you. I was just pointing out a huge discrepancy I saw game after game between AP and AD. Disables were the ONLY thing that could stop the AD's -- and that only lasted a second or two.

Ruusaan

09-22-2011

I've found that if you see lots of carries/tanky DPS, get enough health to take a few hits, get a thornmail, and wipe the floor with their faces.

Get creative. AP just has a hard like... first 60 seconds, then they're nuking the **** out of everything in range.

CaptHarlock

09-22-2011

Yet another one of these. I wonder why Heimer is banned in almost every high level draft game?

Also, most AP do well and add incredible support/DPS/CC to the fights.

OurAllySucks

09-22-2011

I almost feel like the problem with AP isn't even that they deal less damage or anything like that. Its that they have a lower movement speed than almost all melle champs. Think about it, the two most viable AP champs are akali and kassadin, and they are also two of the most mobile.

I also think that mana regen could probably be hiked up even more than it is now, but i feel like the real issue is just move speed.

Cap Jack Sparrow

09-22-2011

SOME AP's are probably not fit for Dom. Its the same with SR (and works the same for AD champs aswell).

Champions like Morgana, Rumble, Singed (Building him more Tank/AP in Dominion works well), and Karthus are all very good On dominion. I think the thing that Mages will be great for will be the unique effects of their skills. Most AD champs get skills that make them hit harder, chase better, and all in all kill faster. this is good.

But Mages get skills that make walls, Globally hit enemies, Snare enemies, and set up kills with huge burst.

Mages aren't getting phased out. they're doing their job.

Fishperson

09-22-2011

Sounds like you got dunked, nooblord

Ricochetty

09-22-2011

I've used Lux in a few matches and she seems really good, I just focus CD and worry about CC rather than burst.

Grunghole

09-22-2011

Generally, AP have more disables to make up for the lesser scaling. So if you say "it takes a disable to beat an AD guy", well, you're in luck.