Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Constructive Feedback for Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

P0lly P0cket

09-22-2011

1. Champions are Extremely Unbalanced.
- Bruisers are too good as well all expected.
- Early game hero's are pointless.
- Late game hero's get buff in 10 minutes and become unstoppable.
- Lots of useless champs who are dependent on cs, ie. Viegar/Nasus.

2. Overpowered Items
- Increased tower cap items are a very bad idea when you can 1500+ move-speed with some champs.
- If you clear 2-3 enemies you can usually cap 4 towers before they respawn, which is extremely unfair.

3. Too easy to backdoor.
- There is no risk involved in using stealth/move-speed champs to backdoor towers.

4. Underwhelming Towers
- Since towers don't attack players by themselves, they are completely underwhelming.
- Since players level so fast and tanky items scale much better than anything else, tower damage even when they are shooting is extremely laughable.

5. One bad player will lose you the game
-You can carry bad players in solo queue. You cannot carry bad players in Dominion. If they don't push/defend/retreat properly, you will lose the game even if you started with a 300 point lead.
- This will make solo queue a nightmare for everyone.

6. Unfair Point System
- You can have a 250 point advantage then lose the game with 2 towers because you gain no points. This needs the same point system as Arathi Basin, because that's essentially what Dominion is.

Feel free to add.

ElJiggles

09-22-2011

Quote:
P0lly P0cket:
- Lots of useless champs who are dependent on cs, ie. Viegar/Nasus.
What is your list of useless champions? I haven't seen Vieger played, but Nasus isn't useless. Less than ideal, sure, but not useless.

Quote:
P0lly P0cket:
- If you clear 2-3 enemies you can usually cap 4 towers before they respawn, which is extremely unfair.
How is that unfair?

Quote:
P0lly P0cket:
3. Too easy to backdoor.
- There is no risk involved in using stealth/move-speed champs to backdoor towers.
I think calling it "backdooring" is somewhat silly, since the map is essentially a circle. If you have a speedy roaming champ hang out near the center of the map, he can usually stop any solo cap attempts (and make his own attempts when the time is right).

Quote:
P0lly P0cket:
If you are going to copy WoW's Arathi Basin, at least get the point system correct.
Blizzard didn't invent the territorial control / capture point gamemode. It has existed in competitive multiplayer games for much longer than that.

P0lly P0cket

09-22-2011

If I see a Nasus trying to last hit creeps for +damage in Dominion...

You can get into semantics on the term of backdooring if you want, but that's not my point. The point is that its far too easy to do and there is literally zero risk involved. The towers don't shoot at you and you can see resistance coming a mile away. Combine that with +cap items and insane movement speed and you have some major cheese on your hands that's too hard to shut down.

Arathi Basin is probably the most well known, and there's a reason why the point system works the way it does. Because it's balanced. Gaining 0 points for holding 2 towers is not fair and not balanced.

ElJiggles

09-22-2011

Quote:
P0lly P0cket:
...is not fair and not balanced.
You say that a lot, but you don't provide compelling reasoning.

P0lly P0cket

09-22-2011

I explained the reasoning. You can be dominating a game, be 250+ points ahead and almost won, then you lose a tower and can't get it back, and lose. That's not balanced. It defeats the purpose of early game dominance. Comebacks should be earned with 4 caps, not an unfair point system.

OurAllySucks

09-22-2011

Ill give you points one and 5. Balance is terrible on dominion and 4v5 games are a nightmare.

That being said, your statement on items is so badly exaggerated its not even funny, and can be remedied by having someone play defense.

Your third point is remedied the same as your second, playing defensively.

the fourth point i just find flat out false, the towers allow you to turn a 2v1 into a 1v1 because someone is going to need to be capturing the tower to shut it off. Unless you mean 1v0 ninjaing, in that case, play some fricken defense.

and the 6th point is just Riots anti-snowballing approach to the game. I'll agree its a little to easy to turn a game you've been dominating into a crushing defeat, but i think that should be changed more by gold/exp. gain then by making the point system constantly ticking down on both sides.