Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I may never play Summoner's Rift again.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XaoGarrent

09-22-2011

Seriously. This new game mode is so fast. ADs don't have to farm half the game to be effective. Dieing isn't a huge detriment, so it's kinda like a first person shooter where sometimes the best course of action is to take risks. The map is ganky, but not in the rage inducing way like Twisted Treeline. It's just good.

Best part? If I get a derp team I don't have to put up with them for long!

My hat is off to... ...Brackhar I think is the lead designer on the Dominion project? I know he's the guy who made alot of the champs I like.

khezef

09-22-2011

ya same, don't think i'll go back to SR.

XaoGarrent

09-22-2011

Quote:
khezef:
ya same, don't think i'll go back to SR.

It just feels so slow in comparison. I wish they'd just leave Dominion up, it's been up all day and the servers aren't exploding so I don't see the harm.

Marius Caesar

09-22-2011

Second.
I don't fall asleep anymore like i do during a 10 minute laning phase...

*edit*

And it really is exactly like an FPS in the way conquest modes mirror Dominion.
As in everyone wants to kill each other but a lot of the time forget the capture points even exist...

nukular power

09-22-2011

Quote:
XaoGarrent:
It just feels so slow in comparison. I wish they'd just leave Dominion up, it's been up all day and the servers aren't exploding so I don't see the harm.

Maybe they are.. after all, this has gone on pretty long for a 2 hour offpeak test

wwecom

09-22-2011

nah, i still summoner rift more. i wish they give us magma chamber as well now

Upuranizz

09-22-2011

Only prob is that its completely unbalanced and they cant balance it without affect sr which is source of competitive play

XaoGarrent

09-22-2011

Quote:
nukular power:
Maybe they are.. after all, this has gone on pretty long for a 2 hour offpeak test

I'm surprised the servers haven't crashed, about half my friends list was on and playing it a little while ago so obviously alot of people have noticed it's up. Not a bit of lag, no login queue, nothing.

I guess Riot actually managed to launch something big without their servers asploding. I hear there's a stiff breeze starting to blow through hell right now.

XaoGarrent

09-22-2011

Quote:
Upuranizz:
Only prob is that its completely unbalanced and they cant balance it without affect sr which is source of competitive play

I'm not so sure of this. I can see some champs, Ryze for instance, struggling here. But thus far I've seen numerous tanks, tanky DPS, mages and AD do well. Supports I haven't seen much of, but I can already tell Nid is going to be terrifying here.

Sliterss

09-22-2011

Quote:
XaoGarrent:
I'm not so sure of this. I can see some champs, Ryze for instance, struggling here. But thus far I've seen numerous tanks, tanky DPS, mages and AD do well. Supports I haven't seen much of, but I can already tell Nid is going to be terrifying here.

Supports do great. I've seen Nid, Zil, and Sona all do well. Game mode is pretty balanced imo. Just much different; you have to adjust and play chars a lot different.