Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tower and Garrison feedback

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FPDragoon

09-22-2011

Hello! I was able to play ~5 games of Dominion today, so I wanted to give some feedback regarding how the towers and summoner spell Garrison felt.

I personally feel that towers do not have enough presence in a match currently, and they feel more like "hills" that need to be fought over, rather than a tower that must be overcome.

Do not get me wrong, they do PLENTY of damage when left unchecked, but the problem is how easy it is to check them. I feel their range should just be a tiny bit outside of their circle for shooting enemies, because I found in very many fights where I tried to stay on the tower, the enemy was easily able to out-range the turret and harass/kill me even when they had noone capturing it.

And because turrets have less "presence," this negatively affects the summoner spell Garrison. As of right now, it's mostly a purely offensive ability meant for tower-diving an enemy, and giving them NO place to hunker down and defend. (The damage is completely negated, even though enemy towers continue to fire while garrison'd.)

However, if someone uses Garrison on a friendly tower, it is largely a waste because the enemy can still easily outrange the tower, or even turn it off by making capture attempts against it.

I feel that when used on a friendly tower, garrison should prevent any capture attempts from being made, especially since it lasts for such a short amount of time. It currently does not have that same OOMPH that Fortify does when it is activated.

JunkBoy45

09-22-2011

Yeah, garrison doesn't really give you much defense if a champ can keep spamming skills on you outside of its range. Garrison can be helpful if some melee champs are trying to take it over, but even then, they would have to be squishy and stay in range long enough. Turrets just aren't as game changing as they used to be. And while I think it's good that these turrets aren't as strong as SR turrets, these ones just aren't enough of a threat to help you hold down your turret.

TheAmpca

09-22-2011

towers are not meant to defend you, you are meant to defend them

A Professional

09-22-2011

I found that Garrison is really useful on champions with AoE skills, because you can bait a dive, cc them, then Garrison. The tower does a LOT of damage if they continue to take fire.

Stralucire

09-22-2011

Lux + Garrison = winning 1v3.

Tyler Perry

Recruiter

09-22-2011

it needs to be buffed. Towers do no damage as it is, people just build all tank and proceed to win.

Archlord Mythos

09-22-2011

While generally Garrison alone on a point doesn't help, it is really powerful in its ability to instantly break enemy capture attempts on it at quite a long range, plus then the extra damage and regen it gives can not only buy time, but can even kill enemies under the right circumstances.

Plus, when garrison is timed right, you can smash tower-diving enemies in less time, and Dominion is a game of seconds. If it's the difference between having to chase down an enemy halfway through the jungle and killing them on the spot, I think it's worth it.

Sidt

09-22-2011

i ALWAYS grab garrison on heimer, just because how good he is at bunkering down.

unfortunately, he's the ONLY person i get it on.