Dominion is boring

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sir Grimace

09-22-2011

Anyone else find that dominion is just not as fun as standard? It just doesn't hold my attention at all.

Firestorme

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

Super boring, no strategy.

OurAllySucks

09-22-2011

The issue i have with it is just how few charecters are viable.

want to play a tank that isn't rammus or singed? sucks.

What about anivia and all those other slow champions? to bad for you

You want to play a ranged DPS? not in this game mode

So what it ends up with is me dominating as kassadin every game because all you need is a character that can 1v1 well and is fast to be a champion at the game mode

Neveri

09-22-2011

I play Leona and do fine

Endseekers

09-23-2011

Yep. Boring. Maybe if they made the command points actually a challenge to capture, and restrict the roaming abilities a little bit.

Jhaerik

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurAllySucks View Post

So what it ends up with is me dominating as kassadin every game because all you need is a character that can 1v1 well and is fast to be a champion at the game mode

SR probably has more useless champs than Dom does. Ever see Eve/Twitch/Ryze/Trundle do anything any more in SR?

Stealth capping works. Ryze can be very viable just with his Root, and trundle with his aoe snare. Buying time can make any champ useful.

Tanks do fine, but needs to build some DPS on them as well. Nothing stopping that Cho from building some AP in there. Or that Malphite from taking some AD. The concept on "Tank" IMO has never fit into "actual" PvP at any rate.

Slow Champions? Don't build sorcs, build mobility/lichbane.

Both Teemo, and Caitlyn do very well.

Tanky DPS champs will eat bursty assassins alive.

I also find having a well played AP/Support a must. Tanky DPS + Sona bot for exmaple can force them to commit 2-3 champs just to hold for most of the match. If they send 4+ to gank you, the rest of your team is free to cap.

xYol0swag420x

09-23-2011

People need to learn to defend points, then strategy will start to show up.
Keep a tank at a tower and have him defend long enough for a dps to show up and actually kill the person trying to take your tower.

Right now you just have 5 people trying to assault points all the time, got 4? 5 people are attacking the 5th. It's stupid, but people just don't understand how to play yet.

cAZNc54

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestorme View Post
Super boring, no strategy.
very insightful... there is strategy in this game. however it is faster paced so a lot of people look like chickens with their heads cut off and even more so because everyone is learning the game. if you check out other posts on this forum their are some extensive strat talk and a new set of roles when playing this game. you can't follow the classic modes tank support 3 carry champs. its more like capper, defender, etc. people debate on the other roles which is where the strategy talk comes into play.

Xpose101

09-23-2011

Quote:

1. Garen would like a word with you
2. Called being a defender...ya know actually having people watch nodes and not roaming 24/7...wait till ranked comes out and you will find out the hard way

3. Brb tristana, ezreal

SexualHarasment

09-23-2011

Quote:

COMPLETELY wrong. Anivia and Brand do an excellent job of nuking anyone who decides to defend a turret.

Mao'Kai has tons of utility in pushing a lane or snaring someone. Also useful to drop his ulti to defend a turret.

Kog'Maw melts anyone who decides that 'Tanky DPS is the one and only route to Dominion'

People like this are getting on my nerves. This is a beta to a game, Dominion has probably not even seen 24 hours of playtime and people make assumptions about the meta-game without even TRYING any other characters.

Do you realize how many times the meta of Summoner's Rift in any moba-type game has changed? That has been in existance for YEARS and the way people play it has changed almost MONTHLY.

So stop your whining, stop crying about the gamemode, and TRY some NEW champions. Don't pick Singed, Rammus, and Irelia every game, choose someone new and see just what they bring to the table people.

You might just be surprised by what you find out...