Boots of Mobility + Priscilla's Blessing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

2xHero

09-22-2011

A strat I face a couple times today was a team comp with a lot of high mobility heroes that all bought Boots of Mobility and Priscilla's Blessing. They would simply run around the map and capture points quickly because of Priscilla's Blessing giving a capture speed increase.

It was really frustrating, and I have been trying to figure out ways to counter that strategy. When we grouped up, we would be able to capture a point, but they would just split up and capture 2 or 3 points back. If we split up, and left defenders at a couple points, they would send three to capture that one point. When they had garrison, it was impossible for 1 to defend against 3, and we simple could not match their mobility with Boots of Mobility and Priscilla's Blessing's active move speed bonus.

I want to know if anyone else face this comp and was able to counter it.

Steeldraconis1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

Nope. Its OP and you will lose always.

Edit: Oh yeah, QQ and stop trolololing.

Honestly though, the best strat against this right now is to build a lil tanky and hold points. Cho and Ali can hold points pretty well, and if they are building for mobility they wont be able to burst those guys down in time while you and the rest of the team are running around capturing their points.

Everfaust

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xHero View Post
A strat I face a couple times today was a team comp with a lot of high mobility heroes that all bought Boots of Mobility and Priscilla's Blessing. They would simply run around the map and capture points quickly because of Priscilla's Blessing giving a capture speed increase.

It was really frustrating, and I have been trying to figure out ways to counter that strategy. When we grouped up, we would be able to capture a point, but they would just split up and capture 2 or 3 points back. If we split up, and left defenders at a couple points, they would send three to capture that one point. When they had garrison, it was impossible for 1 to defend against 3, and we simple could not match their mobility with Boots of Mobility and Priscilla's Blessing's active move speed bonus.

I want to know if anyone else face this comp and was able to counter it.
this is where Morgana shines... I wasn't sure if it would work, but the last game I played
I ran straight up to the top point and cap'd it ~ holding off Nat from trying to kill me and take it.

was fun, and when they sent garen, nat and xin to force me out ~
I used black shield > garrison > ult > hourglass.. funny thing is they almost got me by
only attacking with 2 of them while the 3rd held off the tower... cept my jax showed up xD *(we won with our nexus never dropping below 350HP).

in the end, you have 3-5 mins to gain the advantage in Dominion ~ if you don't.. you
have to play a WHOLE different style of game... which is what you're suffering from.

as of yet, that's the only way I know how to beat the "BoM + PB" combo ~ *early lane dominance*

Note: Anivia + this strat works as you can wall in the survivors and kill them.
seeing as flash isn't as useful in dominion, people pick other summoners and can't
get past the walls.

2xHero

09-22-2011

I tried Anivia a couple of times and she is very good at defending points. I used Garrison and Exhaust to hold points for a long time, but I could push if I was left alone.

iEdgecrusher

09-22-2011

Grouping never works

Pellucidity

09-22-2011

Just did this on ap teemo with hilarious results. Oddly enough I don't come up in the top 3 players, but I know its effective because every time the enemy team would try to cap, i would go in and prevent em all from capping and run off. More then half the time the entire enemy team chased me.

Rebonack

09-22-2011

Just look at what's being said on the forums right now. If the topics are to be believed then-

Tanky sitting on points is the best.

Assassins running around gibbing people is the best.

High mobility champs with Blessing are the best.

And probably a few others that I've missed. This tells you that we're only beginning to plumb the depth of this game mode. We've still got a lot to learn.

kickinemdown

09-22-2011

lol i think that guy was talkin bout my team