Dominion's biggest problem

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

syncbro

09-29-2011

It's not the design of the game, it's not the balance of the champions, it's not the list of "ridiculous" items in the shop. It's the playerbase.

I think Dominion is a great game mode; it skips the farming phase of Summoner's Rift and dives straight into team fighting/tower taking/ganking. However, the issue with it is that people don't know how to play the game. Many people run around soloing, trying to take/defend towers by themselves, and often running away from teammates to try and save a tower getting captured. I don't like to play Dominion without a premade for this very reason; it's very difficult to carry a team in Dominion, because it's so easy to get ganged up on by the entire enemy crew. I'm no expert with the gamemode, but I tend to be at the top of the scoreboard, whether we win or lose.

So. Thoughts on general strategy for the map, to perhaps help people out?

thatsmyfetish

09-29-2011

If you are solo-q play pantheon/noct (and I guess TF, haven't tried him out in Dominion yet), that way you can help the guy that went solo to retake top if the enemy team only send one or two champs.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-29-2011

Send a beefy guy bot, four rush top, one stops to cap mid.

Mid then makes a choice after seeing where the enemy is. If there is only one bot, then mid should help top. If there are two bot, mid needs to communicate with bot to see if bot can handle holding for a few minutes while mid helps with top. If not, mid should go help bot defend.

Bot shouldn't push unless it's absolutely necessary.

tehspiritbear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-29-2011

One of the biggest things that grinds my gears is when we sit there before we start and figure out who is going where, and then people go to different places!

Something else is you should have at least one promote on the team and have them go bot. This way they can promote and keep pressure on bot while the others take top. Not necessarily capping the other team's bot, but pressuring it and not letting your get taken.

I agree to with the going solo and trying to cap points. When you get 3, just sit and defend and only take that 4th and/or 5th point when its the right moment.

oh, and ap champ + hextech sweeper when the other team has an invis champ. It rocks.

just a few quick points that when people don't do we lose.

NowNudda

09-29-2011

Another big glaring problem everyone is ignoring - Buying Armor and Health!
Everyone seems to think this is a huge fighting arena, and that everyone needs to build as quickly as possible, the most powerful " IMA FIRING MA LAZER " type of character. They seem to completely ignore counter buying a enemy and building survivability.
If you are getting stomped, you need to counter build. Adding more damage to your build will not make a difference if the enemy is taking you out in 5 seconds. But if you build 1 armor piece that will let you survive basically another 5 seconds, you can do a great deal more for your team.
Had a team last night that finally understood the gist of this game. Enemy team had heavy AD base players, so we all bought thornmail straight off. Was great to see that even if they took 3 of us out, they were also taking themselves out. They basically had to retreat from our last 2, because if they continued to attack, they would have lost all of their team.

ActionButlerGO

09-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehspiritbear View Post
One of the biggest things that grinds my gears is when we sit there before we start and figure out who is going where, and then people go to different places!
That EXACT thing happened to me last night. We had a plan for Jax to go top while I would cap middle and then follow to support. What did we end up doing? Three of use stopped to cap the middle.

Now, ultimately we capped the top a minute later with almost no opposition, but the point still stands.

lbgsloan

09-29-2011

Eh, the title should be 'Multiplayers biggest problem'. Full arranged anything > randoms in any game, anywhere. Nothing you can do about it beyond friending good players and never queuing without 1-4 of them.

Lhuarc

09-29-2011

Agree'd. I love teams where I have my friend rush bottom ( usually 2-3 person premade ) and then I tell everyone else to rush windmill and that I'll grab mid and stealth up top and flank them and ****ing everyone decides to cap mid with me, obviously minus the one in bottom.

Btw is it just me or do random teams in draft mode communicate better than random teams in blind pick?

Mysterage

09-29-2011

I find the biggest problem to be people just don't listen. Regardless if they are your friends, a premade, or pugs, they'll let themselves get drug off into a team fight, no matter how much you ping not to, while a Rammus/Eve/whoever runs around backdooring all your primary points. It seems like there are too many folks who are just accustomed to doing what they want in Classic, and figure in Dominion "Killing people = win, herp derp!"

vSprixus

09-29-2011

Nahhhh... still recon hero balance.
Tanky deeps just, on general, does better than any other hero type. This to me is a design game design flaw rather than specific heros.