Dominion: Offensive GG's and you.

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZacDaMan

09-23-2011

GG noobs mabey rude but its public and there going to be trolls lol

Forbiddian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

I've never really thought gging when the game was decided was rude (not talking about gg to complain -- like mid dies and then the jungler calls, "GG")

In Summoner's Rift, you get the ace and then you push their Nexus. Calling "gg" then is a sign of politeness, that you appreciate the game that they played and you enjoyed playing against them. But yeah, if it's interpreted as rude by some of the community, I won't call "gg" until I watch their nexus die.

I didn't mean to come off as rude to anyone.

Rzeczywiscie

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirps1 View Post
etiquette is for old people
Etiquette is for people who are too emotionally mature to be a ***** to other people for no real reason, especially when everyone came to have some fun. People usually mature to that level around the age of 13-14 (empirically) unless there's any social or psychological pathology involved, but for some reason most of the time that doesn't seem to apply to the LoL community... unless most of it is actually below the age of 13-14.

I can't comprehend how this can be hard to understand: this is an online game and the social aspect is part of the fun. If leaving a negative impression and making people think "God, what a total ******bag" is some kind of achievement to anyone then I can't really blame them, but it's a bit strange. I mean, I can't really see how poor sportsmanship can bring anything positive into a team game.

Badimus

09-23-2011

Just to clear up some of the confusion, by "offensive gg" he doesn't mean that he finds it offensive. He's referring to the winning team (the team on the offensive) saying "gg" first.

It's generally accepted (in other games) that the first person calling "gg" is conceding defeat, whereas in LoL it's used to cram victory down the other team's throats.

Verbesity

09-23-2011

Yeah, gg means good game. As in I had fun. If it's a total faceroll on us and wasn't fun I might not say gg. If it's any other way though I will, but just because saying gg is polite. I know it's a gaming community, but did none of you ever play any sports when you were younger? You always have to say good game to the other team because it's polite.

cHuTTaD

09-23-2011

People do plenty of stuff that is much more offensive than a simple GG.
Saying U MAD? ingame should be grounds for immediate ban.

Siky

09-23-2011

Can we institute a No GG policy instead? I'm tired of GG, it might be polite, but most games aren't anywhere close to considered good. Most games are bad and BG is bad mannered too, 1% of my games are actually good in that everyone feels happy regardless of win or lose because everyone tried their best to win and nobody was vastly out of place in terms of experience.

That's like a dozen or 2 games where nobody gives up, nobody feeds and it's very back and forth until the nexus drops (in SR). Dominion is a new mode and the rules really aren't that hard, but it's still frustrating when people don't really know what they're doing, ignore the objectives and just want to play MOBA Deathmatch mode, running around killing and suiciding while ignoring capture points and at that point if it's like 2 vs a team of 5 players who are simply just working together, well or not, the numbers still mean too much for skill or champion to ever make a difference.

No Ticket

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

@OP League and race in SC2?

And No I think most of the LoL community is ignorant on in game manner.

Nethrin

09-23-2011

Only time I take GG as an insult, is when my team clearly had a feeder, or an afker..... and the winning team GG's me.... like........ really? Going to GG me when we have a intentional feeder/ leaver/afk? How sad must he be to consider this a GG?

The GG before the game is over tho, I like making a comeback and crammin that GG down their neck!

3Tears

09-23-2011

i won i game that was 5/200

dunno how..
but we aced the other team in an act of "game over lets kill everyone".

1234567 ... 10