So since Riot is activating Dominion on off-peak hours..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gøggles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

..does that means you guys will continue to activate it at inconvenient times that we're at work or class?

This is a genuine question. I didn't know if they said they were going to open it up at a different time eventually.

Duo Maxwel

09-22-2011

Probably until they have most of the kinks out of the map and system.

Palantair

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

Offpeak hours

Your convenience. (Peak hours)

You seem to forget why they are called off peak hours.

Duo Maxwel

09-22-2011

WIll probably just be a short time till its fully opened.

Reppuken

09-22-2011

lol, offpeak is only what it is because people tend to BE at work/school during those times.

Lord Pumbo

Recruiter

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppuken View Post
lol, offpeak is only what it is because people tend to BE at work/school during those times.
This, every ****** qqing about it should be given a 2 week ban

Gøggles

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palantair View Post
Offpeak hours

Your convenience. (Peak hours)

You seem to forget why they are called off peak hours.
I haven't forgot. I wasn't sure if Riot announced that they were going to open it up at a different time eventually. I just didn't want to get my hopes up about playing it.

Because I don't know EXACTLY when peak hours are, I'll throw out my availability here so Riot can give me an accurate guess as to if I'll be able to play soon or not (if they even see this post).
I have class from 9:35am-12:35pm PST Mon-Thurs. I usually work from 4:00pm-10:30pm PST. Is there any hope??

Xienwolf

09-22-2011

Riot is on the west coast. The servers are American servers.

Peak hours are right after school lets out (4pm or so) until just before midnight. Spanning the country. So in PST, that means peak hours are from about 1pm to 11 pm.

Now, since Riot is on the West Coast, that means they have to pay someone to come in overnight to monitor the session, or run it all automated and hope for the best, OR keep open sessions within the normal workday for themselves.

So most likely, all Beta will happen between 8am and noon PST. On occasion they might start one at noon so that it runs over to the start of peak hours for the east coast people so that they get a little bit more stress testing out of it.

All of this is based purely on "common sensing" the numbers. There could be tons of people from Korea who play on the US servers (High elo folks will claim they are the majority of players I bet).

Riot has usage statistics for their own servers which are quite likely very detailed. They also have specific goals for their Beta testing. I would imagine it is very likely that they plan on having their open sessions during statistically busier time frames each time they have one to ramp up the server load. Which would mean no two beta sessions will ever be on quite the same time.

Of course, they also have WEEKLY statistics on their servers no doubt, so can even custom pick expected server load levels on that gradient.

In short: You'll get it if you get it. Your best bet is between class and work.

Microceratops

09-24-2011

They had Dominion open last night, maybe its just when so many players are online, isnt too full?

Drastone

09-24-2011

I'm not even sure how half these times have been offpeak. when I hear off peak I expect the middle of the night or early morning (patch times) instead half the beta has been around 8-12ish at nightt