FireWall AGAIN!

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 20
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

reapermaster

10-16-2009

vista/win7 users please make sure you are right clicking on the game shortcut and selelcting run as administrator.

Evestress

10-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by reapermaster View Post
vista/win7 users please make sure you are right clicking on the game shortcut and selelcting run as administrator.

its happening on 32bit XP pro....

reapermaster

10-16-2009

One of the things to remember if you have the Windows firewall, other software firewall, and in some cases, anti virus, is that if you set it up to monitor specific applications versus ports then every time that there is an update you will initially have a firewall issue until the system learns or has an exception added in for the updated files.

Software firewalls that monitor for specific applications are looking for the exact application executables signature. If a change or update is made to any of 3 executables their signature has changed and the firewall will no longer recognize them thus not letting them get through.

as for all the fixes heres the list again in case you missed one:

reboot dsl/cable modem (unplug/plug in)
reboot router (if applicable)
reboot computer
stop windows firewall service ( click start -> run -> services.msc
- scroll down to windows firewall, click it on select stop on the top left
stop your software based firewall ( may be buried in your anti virus)
stop your anti-virus
stop your malware scanner

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

10-16-2009
2 of 2 Riot Posts

The issue the original poster was referring to is unrelated to the problem you're experiencing, even though both issues have the same error message.

If I understand correctly, you receive a firewall error after champion select, when the game is attempting to launch.

If you could attach your air logs from the event, that would be appreciated. They can be found in Riot Games/League of Legends/Air/Logs

BB-356

Borsthaar

01-14-2010

here the error log

FreeHat

05-14-2010

Hey, this is happening to me too. I just dl'd the game again, picked my hero and the League of Legends logo pops up, after about 10 seconds of nothing else happening, that windows firewall thing pops up. Having a new comp, i have no firewalls, or anti virus on.

Crusader3546

05-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by reapermaster View Post
One of the things to remember if you have the Windows firewall, other software firewall, and in some cases, anti virus, is that if you set it up to monitor specific applications versus ports then every time that there is an update you will initially have a firewall issue until the system learns or has an exception added in for the updated files.

Software firewalls that monitor for specific applications are looking for the exact application executables signature. If a change or update is made to any of 3 executables their signature has changed and the firewall will no longer recognize them thus not letting them get through.

as for all the fixes heres the list again in case you missed one:

reboot dsl/cable modem (unplug/plug in)
reboot router (if applicable)
reboot computer
stop windows firewall service ( click start -> run -> services.msc
- scroll down to windows firewall, click it on select stop on the top left
stop your software based firewall ( may be buried in your anti virus)
stop your anti-virus
stop your malware scanner

Several perfectly good suggestions... Except for one thing.

I'm doing the EXACT same thing I done yesterday, hell, 5-6 hours ago. And yet I cannot access the game, so obviously it's something wrong with your system.

D4rkL1t3

05-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaedong View Post
Here is what the message actually says: "Unable to connect to the server. If you have a firewall, it may be blocking the connection. Please refer to your firewall's documentation. Would you like to retry the connection?" Im baffled. Nothing is up and still says the same message.
Same issue with me......have had like a thousand of crashes in last day or two.

lostman

05-14-2010

I am from Bulgaria and now after last update I have same problem.
UNABLE TO CONNECT TO THE SERVER! - Firewall ???

Please check it!

Almighty1

05-14-2010

Wow. Necro much?

But on a related topic, I tried joining a game and it failed miserably. Then, I joined another one and all went well.

12345612 ... 20