Top-solo Singed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azellos

09-21-2011

I like playing singed and i know he SHOULD be able to solo top well. However, it's always been a weakness of mine. Earlier today i was laning against a gangplank with their jungler bieng a nocturne, and my jungle yi kept ganking mid/bot so i didnt get much help, eventually the noc/gp combo just murdered me.

What do i do about these situations as singed? Even tower hugging, parley harass and the perma slow off gp was enough to make last-hitting a nightmare.

OMG Laserguns

09-21-2011

Make sure that you're frequently asking for ganks from your jungler. If you're constantly asking while not getting any help, while the enemy jungler keeps ganking you, a lot of it is the fault of your jungler.

What's most likely happening from the jungler's perspective is that the enemy bot lane champs would have been harassed down quite a lot, so would have been fairly easy to gank, while at a guess you probably haven't been able to harass GP much. Given the choice, he decided to go for the easy ganks mid and bot, while leaving you alone. It's your responsibility to communicate your issues to your jungler (preferably without too much offensive language), even if he's just showing his face in your lane for a little while to last hit and steal some of your Exp/CS. That lane presence from the jungler can often be enough to make an aggressive enemy back off and give you some breathing room.

PrimalFire

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2011

It is a bad matchup. Your best bet is to buy some wards for the bushes, and then just use poison to farm once you get a chance. With a cata + boots, you can probably pop your ult, rush toss him, and poison to damage him. This should definitely put it into his head that you mean business, and he will back off. Keeping the ward up will prevent noct from ganking consistently. Although if he has ult, he can get you if you overextend.

frenzykio

09-21-2011

singed should own
dont tower hug with singed. except for people that coutner u, you should be aggresive in lane. and i dont know how your dyign to ganks. Singed is pretty much ungankable. Just press r and run around i usually get a kill as singed when i am ganked

Cenerae

09-21-2011

Singed is actually pretty easy to counter for a lot of common solo top picks. At least until he can farm up a Catalyst, anyway.

A lot of people fail to realise this, and don't pressure him like they should be doing. All you should be trying to do with Singed is farm, farm, and farm some more. If you're being zoned, then take what cs you can. Possibly try to get them to hit you when you're in the middle of your own minion wave. People underestimate how much damage they can be taking from the minions while they're trying to kill you.

It's all about surviving until the Catalyst, really. Ward as necessary and if you REALLY can't farm, get a chain vest afterward so you can shrug off more harrassment.

ComradeHX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2011

Ward your brush.

Nothing you have can be cleansed by GP(as long as he stands on the goo, he will be slowed; all he can do is to W after leaving pool to kill that one second of slow)...

You should have flash(everyone take flash these days) if you expect to play against any competent team; which means you can flash to gp; toss, exhaust + pool while he dies from towershots and poison.

smittyc

09-22-2011

myself as nunu jungler i help my solo lanes most

i also start with boots 1 ward 1 pot

i get mid and top to help me leash blue buff then i run strait over to the other teams wraith and eat the purple one then ward there red buff

while im waiting for there jungler to start on red im killing small golems

i wait for red to be low for a smite then slow and kill them with red

after this i go help my solo top only for a little bit just to let them know im watching most times we get a kill

then i go to mid and say hi

anyway before i get out of hand with how i jungle i jungle with map awareness

that means im warding so my team can build themselves and gank often to keep them scared

i get one person to help me with drake at about lvl 7

also as a jungler i often cover lanes for people to go and buy nunu is good for this consume keeping me in lane with most harassers and also harass them

my point junglers should be building map control for your team with wards and ganks and cover lanes that my team needs to leave

Chingmeister

09-22-2011

Boots + 3 pots, red mpen, blueyellowquint manaregen/5/lvl

build revolver, build health crystal, build WoA from revolver, build giants belt, build revolver again, build RoA from health crystal, followed by Rylais from giants belt and finish with deathcap.

Congrats. Your poison which does 3k damage to the minion line spellvamps for 13.3% or 400 hp/minion line, at a cost of 40-50 mana. Toss a minion or opponent for even more healing.

You no longer can be harassed, by anyone with a blue mana bar, since it takes 40-50 mana to heal for 400 each wave, and every mana spell in the game is less mana efficient. Proceed to faceroll.

Degato

09-22-2011

A big part of early game Singed is your runes. He is VERY squishy early. If you build Health Quints I bet it helps a ton. Also the Defensive mastery tree will give you some more HPs. I tend to use a Hybrid def/utility mastery set-up that gives me all the HP buffer in the Def tree and 2/3 speed buff in the utility tree. I have found that buying boots +3 health pots helps a ton top lane. By about level 4-5 it's all good for Singed. I just find you have to be careful early.

Note to self, save up for Health quints.

Carados

09-22-2011

Health Quints aren't actually that good nowadays. If the damage being taken is over a period of longer then ten seconds (it will be) flat HP regen far, far outpaces them.