What should I do if this thing comes up again?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1t5s

09-21-2011

This is what it says

Update Failed Unspecified error occurred. Please check the logs for more information

What should I do because since I can't get on the game, but I really want to go onto it but i can't at the moment, so what can I do?

Darth Righteous

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2011

Drop back and punt.

Seriously, I think you might have some type of virus. Run a anti-virus program, I think it will help.

Salour

09-22-2011

Try AVG for size. here's the link:

http://free.avg.com/us-en/homepage

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

09-22-2011

Avast is another option for anti-virus.

Anti-Malware: malwarebytes, and I believe advanced systemcare has some in there, along with some other utilities.

Defragging: smart-defrag

keep your computer clean constantly, and you won't have as many issues; I should probably run more frequently, but I run them like every other week to keep things from getting dusty.

Salour

09-22-2011

There are other threads about this error - "Update Failed Unspecified error occurred."

One player suggested reinstalling LoL.

Also, if the download says 33% continuously, yet there is no error message, it just might be that the download is still going. When installing LoL now, it consistently shows my download progress at 33%, but it eventually downloads successfully all the updates.