Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What should I do if this thing comes up again?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1t5s

09-21-2011

This is what it says

Update Failed Unspecified error occurred. Please check the logs for more information

What should I do because since I can't get on the game, but I really want to go onto it but i can't at the moment, so what can I do?

Darth Righteous

09-21-2011

Drop back and punt.

Seriously, I think you might have some type of virus. Run a anti-virus program, I think it will help.

Salour

09-22-2011

Try AVG for size. here's the link:

http://free.avg.com/us-en/homepage

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

09-22-2011

Avast is another option for anti-virus.

Anti-Malware: malwarebytes, and I believe advanced systemcare has some in there, along with some other utilities.

Defragging: smart-defrag

keep your computer clean constantly, and you won't have as many issues; I should probably run more frequently, but I run them like every other week to keep things from getting dusty.

Salour

09-22-2011

There are other threads about this error - "Update Failed Unspecified error occurred."

One player suggested reinstalling LoL.

Also, if the download says 33% continuously, yet there is no error message, it just might be that the download is still going. When installing LoL now, it consistently shows my download progress at 33%, but it eventually downloads successfully all the updates.