Off peak testing didn't match your patching downtimes. Australian QQ.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadow702

09-25-2011

Think about it..... IF YOU WERE PLAYING ON OFF PEAK HOURS THEN YOU WOULD BE PLAYING DOMINION. I'm sure you would understand, that they wouldnt be play on ON- Peak hours. You obviously play when everyone else does. I'm sorry for that. I guess. But it's not their fault you play the same time everyone else does.

The Tardwrangler

09-25-2011

They have server downtimes during "Offpeak" hours aka Australian Peak hours but Dominion is at like 3am which is nearly Mid-day for Americans, how the **** do you consider that as offpeak?

IS1d69e2e5726f5f

09-25-2011

the best time for take down the server is offpeak hours... which happens to be the Australian primetime

Dominion was announced to be test offpeak hours... which happens to be the Australian sleeping hours

sucks to be Australian

Amaduez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2011

It's not like I"m demanding the times change. Maybe just once?!=

SamKiara

09-25-2011

So does anyone know when the next Beta time will be?

JiggalyWiggaly

09-25-2011

lol you poor thing

Great Leader

09-25-2011

Herp derp, anytime that isn't "peak hours" is "off peak hours". Hate to break it to you, that is a wide window. The hours chosen for Dominion testing were selected because they had low, but consistent plays numbers. The hours for patching are set at a time designated because they have the lowest player numbers. Two different "off peak" periods of time, but not the same number of players.

Tell me, what is the point of testing something if no one is online to test it? They needed enough players to be sure it was working, but not risk crashing the server like peak hours might do.

It is genuinely so simple and easy to understand why they have and will continue to do it this way. We understand your personal qualms with it, and I personally feel bad for you.

But trying to make them change something to a way that will not accomplish the goals they need to meet before a full release is a TERRIBLE strategy for yourself and everyone else.

So please, sit down and ponder an issue next time before you go and flip some tables over it, and recognize this course of actions was decided upon by peoples whose jobs it is to make such decisions.

Herboss

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2011

The point of the thread was, as simply as I can put it.
A: They said the beta test would run during offpeak times (which everyone accepts is when the servers go down for patching).
B: The beta has generally been run 6.5-9.5 hours later, putting it inbetween off-peak and peak instead which makes it, what mid/medium-peak?
C: Off-peak is off-peak, which is patching times, why say they are going to test it off-peak when really they meant mid-peak?

Would also be good to know why some days they only ran it for only 2-3 hours and other days for over 12, especially since the last two 3 hour runs came after the 12 hours ones. Thought us Aussies might get a good crack on (our Sunday) but it was only open from 3.30am-6.30am.

Umadbrö

09-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheridanJohn View Post
Dude stop crying, they put it up, im from nz and found out about it and got on at 3am, if you really wanted to play it you would have
Some people do have lives you know..
Sleeping is important when you actually work.

Alphr

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caryatid View Post
This goes for New Zealanders like me too.
What the heck Riot?
As if you haven't given us enough reasons to be pissed off already.

This is one more great big middle finger for Oceania.
Uhh I live in NZ and got to play Dominion on Saturday afternoon, isn't that like perfect timing?
And we get the same RP as Americans for a $10 Riot card. $10 NZD is like $8.sumthing USD

Conclusion: Think before you post, Riot loves us.