Off peak testing didn't match your patching downtimes. Australian QQ.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iSarge

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

Some troll is going through the thread and -1'ing posts

Rose Lighthaven

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caryatid View Post
1) I don't care how many people there are in America compared to Oceania. It's beside the point. I thought I'd made this clear.
2) I said myself that those two uses of the term are apparently different. What I'm asking for is an explanation of why.
3) I'm bewildered by your technique of stating things I'm clearly well aware of and then feigning surprise that I'm not aware of them. To me it comes off as an attempt to 'win points'.
4) You really need to work on your reading comprehension.
1) Not for Riot. They don't get as much money from you guys. That is all.
2) The goals are different. This has been pointed out at least three times in this thread. Again, this should be common sense.
3) Sadly, it's just how I am. I talk like this in real life as well: condescending, impolite, and without regard for any kind of respect whatsoever. Deal with it.
4) No, I understand what you're asking for. What I don't understand is why you can't just answer it yourself. It's a fairly obvious answer anyway, and again there have been 3 instances in this thread where the answers were given. Here, let me find them for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallantgreg View Post
So it was pretty much school time for USA right?
I would think it would be easier to skip sleep than to skip school if they held it during normal patch times. (which would defeat the purpose of having it during off peak times)
The times seem justified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fotpug View Post
3. Clearly RIOT have analyzed they're peak usage times and have found the key time frame to test in, the one they chose this was just unfortunate for us Aussies and Kiwi's once again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose Lighthaven View Post
... It just means that they have weeded out most of the people who are NOT willing to take the extra mile to participate, which is what you are looking for in beta players. 8AM PST would be the time that most of the North American casual players (i.e. kids, immature teenagers) who would contribute almost nothing to beta feedback are already in school. If these were hosted on the "normal" downtime hours, kids and casuals would just stay up longer to play it, then go to bed or make pointless threads on the forums about how "this is so X". ...

austseraph

09-22-2011

The times are suited to Riot and their employees mostly. They are trying to include a certain percentage of the player base to stress test the servers. I would assume that further "beta" periods will occur in more populated times as they make decisions based on percentage of players active at the time, as well as the percentage of participants in this trial and finally the cost of having staff on standby in case the **** hits the fan.

Admittedly as an Aussie it is easier to feel shafted by these things however lets be realistic. Our timezone - lets say +7 -> +12 GMT to include Oceania - probably provides less than 15% of the entire LoL player base. Why on earth would they do anything to suit us? They would be lucky to break even in any way let alone financially if they adjusted trials or down times to suit us.

This isn't a game to Riot and their employees. It is a business designed to make money. Keep that in mind and for heavens sake stop making Aussies sound like sooks.

WeFlyNoLie

09-22-2011

I don't think the OP realizes that Riot is based in the United States. The NORTH AMERICAN servers had their beta test at 11am to 1pm est. So let's see, for most of North America (the area in which these servers are for) that's anywhere between 8 am and 1pm for the start time and end time depending on where you live.

Most people are either in school or working during these hours, so this would fit the "off-peak" hours for North America. Now, given that Riot is a business, the people there are employees themselves and work a regular work day just like you and I. (unless you're in school I suppose) Now let's think about this...What makes more sense? Have a beta test while everybody is at work and school or have one at 2 in the morning (because, you know, I'm sure all of the Riot employees required for this test are working at this hour) so that Australians (people on a separate continent, no less) can test the server for stress on servers based in North America?

I understand your frustration OP, I really do, because I did get to try Dominion yesterday while a lot of my friends did not. I was lucky enough just not to have class or work at the time. I highly doubt Riot's trying to "screw over aussies" as you put it. Riot is a company based in the US. How could they possibly cater to a country that's an ocean away with a server based for North Americans?

I don't know, can't tell if OP is angry little 12 year old that has a 10 PM bed time or just a troll.

Either way, deal with it. You're playing on a server for North Americans, until you donate the money for Riot to have a server based in your area, stop whining about a f2p game not catering to your needs.

ThunderZZZZ

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caryatid View Post
This goes for New Zealanders like me too.
What the heck Riot?
As if you haven't given us enough reasons to be pissed off already.

This is one more great big middle finger for Oceania.

for oceania

/"\
|\./|
| |
| |
|>~<|
| |
/'\| |/'\..
/~\| | | | \
| =[@]= | | \
| | | | | \
| ~ ~ ~ ~ |` )
| /
\ /
\ /
\ _____ /
|--//''`\--|
| (( +==)) |
|--\_|_//--|

i call it the pinky because it wont let me do the ascii properly.

Akorvyr

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbominableToast View Post
Agreed and bumped, I want answers too, US shouldn't be the only ones to get it
well seeing as this game is hosted in the US and the EU you go by those hours. sorry its an inconvenience to you. i would expect the same treatment if i played a game hosted in australia. its not our fault there is different time zones.
when will people understand this. your not going to be catered to. its a job not a buffet

Wodin Ymir

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophase View Post
well seeing as this game is hosted in the US and the EU you go by those hours. sorry its an inconvenience to you. i would expect the same treatment if i played a game hosted in australia. its not our fault there is different time zones.
when will people understand this. your not going to be catered to. its a job not a buffet
Yea Riot said offpeak. Maint is done during '' offpeak''. It's not catering it's being nice.

Evangelene

09-22-2011

i think with lol getting more and more popular within a few years they will hopefully open or think of opening an australian server! im annoyed that australia always gets the short end of the stick when it comes to a lot of things like games/ movies etc. but nothing can be done -lets just hope they release it soon

Green Lamp Shade

09-22-2011

By chance I was on the /v/ at 5:00am this morning and noticed that the BETA was out, but I am pretty sure not many Australians are up around that time so I felt very robbed of getting to play with anyone I knew.

I agree with OP.

Shadow702

09-25-2011

First off, I would like to say, this IS OFF PEAK HOURS. They did NOT rob you on purpose. I'm sure they didnt mean to just piss you aussies off. I'm sure you AUSSIES play the same time we do which is why YOU ARENT on the off peak hours... Just think about that you Idiots!