Off peak testing didn't match your patching downtimes. Australian QQ.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Guntar

09-22-2011

Then why not have at least one time slot for those in Oceania? a 6pm-8pm slot in Australia would be around 12am-2am in America, wouldn't that classify as off-peak? i am just saying that at least one time before the release it would be nice to have that time slow or something similar as at least it would offer some flexibility.

vendettah

09-22-2011

Look, America is the best so we ARE in fact entitled to the best stuff. Suck it up and move here if you don't wanna be considered second rate citizens of the world.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Caryatid

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose Lighthaven View Post
[...]
Also, you seem to be misunderstanding what Riot meant by "off-peak" times. These don't necessarily mean the time when the least amount of players are on. [...]
In all honesty, you need cut your pride down a little and admit to yourself that you are NOT, from a business perspective, an unstoppable force that bends companies to your will. [...]
I'm going to disregard the argument ad populum for obvious reasons. Actually, let me state my reasons; firstly it's completely beside the point and secondly it's a fallacy anyway.
It doesn't matter what 'off-peak' means specifically. Patches and maintenance happen at 'off peak' times and beta sessions are being held at 'off peak' times. So far, the times when beta sessions have been available have not coincided with times usually used for patching or maintenance. That is the problem.
Lastly, please refrain from making stuff up. If you'd been paying attention you'd see that I'm simply expressing the problem and asking for an explanation. I don't think a reasonable explanation is too much to ask.

Rose Lighthaven

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caryatid View Post
I'm going to disregard the argument ad populum for obvious reasons. Actually, let me state my reasons; firstly it's completely beside the point and secondly it's a fallacy anyway.
It doesn't matter what 'off-peak' means specifically. Patches and maintenance happen at 'off peak' times and beta sessions are being held at 'off peak' times. So far, the times when beta sessions have been available have not coincided with times usually used for patching or maintenance. That is the problem.
Lastly, please refrain from making stuff up. If you'd been paying attention you'd see that I'm simply expressing the problem and asking for an explanation. I don't think a reasonable explanation is too much to ask.
"Argument ad populum"? Kindly stop using words you don't understand. Argumentum ad populum is a fallacy of general consensus. Since there is no consensus stated in the post you quoted, I fail to see how there is even space for an argumentum ad populum, since what we believe or don't believe is irrelevant.
You need to learn some simple math, sir. Here's a simple simulation: Say 10% of the player population of the US and 10% of the player population of Australia buy RP. Seems even right? Wrong. According to statistics you can easily find on the internet, the traffic from Australia is only 1/10th of the traffic from the US. If you don't believe me, here you go:
http://www.findwebstats.com/leagueoflegends.com
http://www.webboar.com/www/leagueoflegends.com

Again, off-peak for betas and off-peak for downtime is not the same thing. They have different goals in mind. I already explained that in my last post. They deemed these times as the best times to hold their beta, you can't do jacksquat about it, I can't do jacksquat about it, and some random guy in Canada can't do jacksquat about it. DEAL WITH IT.

Lastly, I'm not making stuff up. I'm just giving you the facts, as offensive as they may seem. Quite frankly, as individuals we do not matter. What we want will only be fulfilled if it is also in the company's best interests to do so. Aside from that there is no reason for them to waste manpower and work hours answering something that should have been bloody obvious if you considered the facts before whining / asking / looking for an explanation or whatever it is you want to sugarcoat your inability to grasp conceptual connections with.

To think that I'd have to point out what should have been a given if you just set aside 30 seconds to think about understand the situation. Ugh.

Caryatid

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose Lighthaven View Post
[...]Ugh.
1) I don't care how many people there are in America compared to Oceania. It's beside the point. I thought I'd made this clear.
2) I said myself that those two uses of the term are apparently different. What I'm asking for is an explanation of why.
3) I'm bewildered by your technique of stating things I'm clearly well aware of and then feigning surprise that I'm not aware of them. To me it comes off as an attempt to 'win points'.
4) You really need to work on your reading comprehension.

iSarge

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

I'm Australian. I understand how the OP is somewhat pissed off about how this works. I was hopeful about Australia getting Beta sessions because we always get patches...

You know what? I just think about HOW ****ING AWESOME I AM AT THE GAME AND HOW MUCH PRACTICE EVERYONE ELSE WILL NEED TO BEAT ME!

Optimism FTW!

Herboss

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by YUSONAMES View Post
Youve obviously never hosted a server, off peak time it the opisite of peak time
(peak time=time when their are the most users on the server, and off peak time= time when their are the least amount of users, patch time is the server is down theirs no one on.)
Is this a serious post? Do you guys actually read whole posts before you reply to them? Because it really seems like you don't.

iSarge

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herboss View Post
Is this a serious post? Do you guys actually read whole posts before you reply to them? Because it really seems like you don't.
usually you should refrain from quoting Junior Members.
They are always either Noobs, Trolls or 10 years old.

Lord Pumbo

Recruiter

09-22-2011

Silly raging aussies
its a video game, deal with it nerd

Wodin Ymir

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herboss View Post
I think he is saying it would be okay to have patch time at 7pm pst time because nobody would be on if the servers were down.

amidoinitrite?