Off peak testing didn't match your patching downtimes. Australian QQ.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Caryatid

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokturnalex View Post
Whoa no need to try to take cheap shots buddy, just pointing out facts. Not trying to insult you.
I'm not taking cheap shots, i'm in the same fact-pointing-out business you are only my facts are a lot more accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homegrown420 View Post
how many times does it have to be stated that what riot decided was OFF PEAK testing prolly takes into consideration what times they are going to have the least amount of people online for their testing?
why do so many people assume this should apply to everyone else but fit their days playtimes just perfect
Please, at least read the thread before posting.

SheridanJohn

09-22-2011

Dude stop crying, they put it up, im from nz and found out about it and got on at 3am, if you really wanted to play it you would have

Nokturnalex

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caryatid View Post
I'm not taking cheap shots, i'm in the same fact-pointing-out business you are only my facts are a lot more accurate.

Please, at least read the thread before posting.
It's like not Riot is secretly planning an evil scheme to not let Aussie players play in the beta dude. That being said the world doesn't revolve around Austrailia if none of the betas are online during the times you can play the only thing you can blame it on is the global position of Australia in relation to the sun.

If you "really" want to play in the betas find a way to be online during either the EU or US betas.

Herboss

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

I'm enjoying the fact the downie American's don't understand the fact that "off peak time" and "patch times" ARE supposed to be the same...

Helorik

09-22-2011

Yep, was looking forward to Aussies finally getting some luck in 'off peak' American times. No such luck.

Caryatid

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheridanJohn View Post
Dude stop crying, they put it up, im from nz and found out about it and got on at 3am, if you really wanted to play it you would have
I really want to play it. I haven't been able to. I don't know how to make this clearer.
If I knew when the beta was going to be accessible I could organise to be online at that time.
They're not announcing it far ahead for good reasons, I'm fine with that. The problem is that 'off-peak' apparently means a different thing regarding patches than it does regarding the Dominion Beta. Please, please read the thread before posting.

Daveydude

09-22-2011

Australians are in the most off peak time zones and it goes into the midday U.S. Time slot? Unless riot plans to offer us a slot too I am disgusted that they treat us this way.

All streams of Dominion were in the U.S. time slots.
All dominion events were located in the U.S.
And so far, all dominion pre-release chances are in, you guessed it, U.S. time slots. When Australians/New Zealanders are asleep! Show us some respect for god sake. Give us one time slot at least.

Not PoonCoon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainzk View Post
downtime and down peaks = two different things.
Downtime is when sever is down, and the down peak is when the less # of people play mate.

So today it was 11-1 Eastern.

YUSONAMES

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herboss View Post
I'm enjoying the fact the downie American's don't understand the fact that "off peak time" and "patch times" ARE supposed to be the same...
Youve obviously never hosted a server, off peak time it the opisite of peak time
(peak time=time when their are the most users on the server, and off peak time= time when their are the least amount of users, patch time is the server is down theirs no one on.)

Rose Lighthaven

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caryatid View Post
Oceanic players know and understand that this happens and why - even though there are better times when this could be done. The argument supporting downtimes during that specific period is always that 'that's when the least amount of people would be playing'.
The problem is that the Dominion Beta was supposedly going to be made available during the off-peak times.
Oceanic players breathed a sigh of relief. If they patch during off-peak times then Oceanic players will be online ready for Dominion right? Apparently not. So either patching downtimes are not during off-peak hours or Dominion Beta is not during off-peak hours. Either way, someone has made a decision that screws Oceanic players, perhaps needlessly.
Do you understand why we're a bit annoyed about that? That was rhetorical, no need to answer.
Assuming you play on the North American server (since you are on the NA forums after all), you need to understand that Riot is primarily an North American company, with its office located in North America, employees in North America, and target audience in North America. These are facts that you can't contradict no matter how hard you try.

Furthermore, Riot is primarily a business. Their goal is to make money, even if the game is free to play. Would it not make sense then that they would take down the servers when most of their primary target demographic, which are mainly Americans, aren't on the server anyway. Truth of the matter is, no matter how many Oceanic players would be on the server at any given time, you cannot outdo the income performance of players from NA since the population (and therefore the inherent % of the population that spends money on RP) is greater than what you can offer.

Also, you seem to be misunderstanding what Riot meant by "off-peak" times. These don't necessarily mean the time when the least amount of players are on. It just means that they have weeded out most of the people who are NOT willing to take the extra mile to participate, which is what you are looking for in beta players. 8AM PST would be the time that most of the North American casual players (i.e. kids, immature teenagers) who would contribute almost nothing to beta feedback are already in school. If these were hosted on the "normal" downtime hours, kids and casuals would just stay up longer to play it, then go to bed or make pointless threads on the forums about how "this is so X".

In all honesty, you need cut your pride down a little and admit to yourself that you are NOT, from a business perspective, an unstoppable force that bends companies to your will. This is the real world, and the real world runs on money. Unless the income from region X regularly outweighs region Y by a significant amount, region Y will always be the priority. That's just how business works.

TL;DR Riot isn't hating on Oceania, they're just practicing good business.