Off peak testing didn't match your patching downtimes. Australian QQ.

123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Not a Cobra

09-21-2011

Everytime the servers go down, the times here in Australia are like;
8pm-1am
6pm-11pm
7:30pm-12:30am
6pm-12am
Etc etc
Exactly the sorts of times most gamers are availble.
Then, come dominion;
1:30am-3:30am

Seems a little....bizarre to me.

However, I still got to play, so I'm content.
Just pissed that riot manages to mess up australians everytime they put a timer on anything.

Cepholar

09-21-2011

Yes, the target is clearly on the Aussies' back... It has absolutely nothing to do with the fact Riot has a regular time frame in which the servers go down...

Whats the education like in Australia? That was rhetorical, no need to answer.

deltacentauri

09-21-2011

It'd be nice if they could rotate the downtime a little, surely school hours aren't much busier than middle of the night then we wouldn't get ****ed over so badly (and no I don't think it's some great conspiracy against Aussies/NZers)

Thankfully I got to have a game during lunch today on the EU West servers...got in just before it was closed again.

Caryatid

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cepholar View Post
Yes, the target is clearly on the Aussies' back... It has absolutely nothing to do with the fact Riot has a regular time frame in which the servers go down...
Whats the education like in Australia? That was rhetorical, no need to answer.
Oceanic players know and understand that this happens and why - even though there are better times when this could be done. The argument supporting downtimes during that specific period is always that 'that's when the least amount of people would be playing'.
The problem is that the Dominion Beta was supposedly going to be made available during the off-peak times.
Oceanic players breathed a sigh of relief. If they patch during off-peak times then Oceanic players will be online ready for Dominion right? Apparently not. So either patching downtimes are not during off-peak hours or Dominion Beta is not during off-peak hours. Either way, someone has made a decision that screws Oceanic players, perhaps needlessly.
Do you understand why we're a bit annoyed about that? That was rhetorical, no need to answer.

Pieromancery

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2011

Yep, I completely agree. We get downtime when we actually want to play, then it's near impossible for us to try the beta too. It gets frustrating, but sadly we're just a minority, and nothing will be changed.

Fotpug

09-21-2011

Being an Australian and one of the people who didnt get to play the beta last night I can vent and whine like everyone else or just make a few points that make sense to me.

1. We have a major minority to all other regions in the world, even if pratically every person in Australia and NZ played LOL we would have a whopping 25mil.... rather underwhelming when you look at it that way.
2. Patches are released at times when the majority of players are offline, if your unhappy about it the Nordic East server in EU holds around the same level of ping and is available to play during the server downtimes for US.
3. Clearly RIOT have analyzed they're peak usage times and have found the key time frame to test in, the one they chose this was just unfortunate for us Aussies and Kiwi's once again.
4. Can't wait to test Dominion

MASSTADEN

09-21-2011

dang that sucks for the aussies, but keep in mind that it's a LIMITED beta. they'll have different time tests for sure, though.

CJ91

09-21-2011

Stop complaining, the time isn't the problem. I played the whole time it was up and went to work at 0630 in the morning. The only issue is the **** ping.

Dynasaurus

09-21-2011

I think us Aussies should rally together one this one.

We put up with losing a whole night of gameplay because they choose to make patch times during our peak times (anywhere from 6pm - 1am AEST) and one can only assume that patching is done at this time because it is a low peak period (1am-8am PST = sleeping gamers). So why then is BETA released in the middle of the night for us, we get the worst of both situations!!!!

Stinglock

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herboss View Post
So I guess firstly my question is why do you hate Australia so much? .
Cos were' a racist bunch of dirty illiterate convict scum.

Offpeak is not the same as patching downtimes. Sorry you can't fully understand this.
Must make you mad to miss the window. Hey, why not move to the west coast, you won't have to stay up as late!

TLDR: Not all aussies are QQ'n some of us enjoy playing games around midnight.

I'm so happy I could vomit rainbows, dominon is heaps of fun. Gday and stuff mate. Sux2bu

123456 ... 8