potions need to be better

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

starrk144

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2011

potions are completely underwhelming at all points in dominion, in SR you can sustain early game lane presence since you and the enemy will only be poking at each other but dominion there is no early game farm phase so i think we should get different potions for dominion, ones that match the fast paced action but still wont be used in late game,

i was thinking maybe 300 health over 10 sec which would be 30 health a tic, wouldnt be very game breaking for early game duels considering both sides start at 3, but it would still be underwhelming enough to not use mid to late game.

TLDR: the standard potions are weak in dominion so we need better ones

^in my personal opinion

Delifox

09-26-2011

Remember tho that there's the health boosts around the map.. But I somewhat agree since the games pretty much always start with team fights and certain champions have quite hard time at levels 3-5 compared to others, so having some better health potions could help.. However in most of the games I anyways start with 2-3 health potions and use them quite quick at the start, and don't really need them after let's say 4-5 minutes

rumples

09-26-2011

they don't want you to be able to stay out forever

starrk144

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2011

dont get me wrong i dont want u to be able to stay out forever either but this is usually how it plays out when the game starts, for me at least, go to top/bot engage to be able to defend the point or take the point, when the fight is over (if i won) im at 10%-50%ish health, grab the health power-up which gives me about 15% and consume potion which i only get about a few ticks before theyre back.

my point is its more efficient to base and run back as soon as theyre dead vs using potions. given the shorter recall spell its no problem doing this as youll both get back to the point at roughly the same time.

WingDingDingo

09-26-2011

I don't think they're still a total waste, If you're sitting on 100-300 gold when you head out from your base. You get gold so fast it's barely any loss of gold to grab them. I think you can hold 6 potions per slot? It takes 20 seconds for 200 health? If you live through a fight, you might be able to get through a potion before someone else comes charging in at you. If you queue up 3 potions before the fight starts (wasting a few ticks [if you're not at full health]), that can potentially put you at ~500 hp advantage for 105 gold.

Latest patch:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNyandalee View Post
General
You can now use multiple Health or Mana Potions while you have one active which will queue them up to be used after the previous completes (maximum 5 stacks)

starrk144

09-26-2011

i suppose thats a good point, well next time dominions up ill try this