Champion Balance and Dominion beta

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

possumface

09-21-2011

All I ask is that you keep Summoner's Rift nerfs/buffs separate from Crystal Scar nerfs/buffs. Morello is right, 120 minutes is far too short to have ANY opinion on the metagame of Dominion, and certainly too short to say "Champion X is OP" or "flash assassins OP nerf them all!"

However, given a few months time, a metagame will arise from Dominion and changes to champions will be necessary to keep it balanced and fair for everyone. But I don't want champion nerfs/buffs with Dominion in mind to affect Summoner's Rift, since attempting to balance champions for one game-mode will hurt the balance of the other game-mode. Please, please please please, find a way to keep the champion changes separate and exclusive to each game-mode.

SmilinMatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2011

The hardest carries I saw where a Shaco in my first match, a Soraka in my second and me on Skarner in my last.

Nokturnalex

09-21-2011

Please add an item that cc's people. (Just for dominion)

With teamfights normally only consisting of 3 people max in Dominion, CC is hard to come by in order to stop champions that would normally be shutdown in SR by 5 people using their cc on them.

If you notice the champions everyone is currently considering as OP, normally these champions would be shutdown in SR by coordinated CC, but with fewer teammates available in teamfights, the normal amount of CC is unable to be achieved as well as fights happening more often so even Exhaust is nerfed due to it's cooldown.

EmpReb

09-21-2011

All I have to say is I found my Irelia build and attack straits a bit different than in summers rift. Your job as Irelia in this mode is to be everywhere THEY don't want you to be and to tie up two champs for minutes at a time(kiting with her is goddess level against the current tanky dps meta in this mode just stun stun stun XD )

IkEEER

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2011

intense

Twixiee

09-21-2011

i got raged at when i played heimerdinger ;x to think he's considered op! let alone viable =D WHEEE

Norvelas

09-21-2011

to be honest, the pace of the game, the low respawn times, and the amount of gold you get, you really shouldn't have any champ balance issues..right? you'll have enough gold to get the build to counter act the other teams build.

i just played 5 games today that's all but to me it just felt like you could build anything so fast, even if it's just 20-30 min

just IMO of course

CryptRat

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
However, I want to set expectations extremely clearly here;
Good.

Meddicc

09-21-2011

I had a great time. I played Heim 2 games and teemo one. As I am so new to Dominion I am just happy it is here. I really enjoyed it and won 2-1. I found Jax to be the most OP player but that is just after 3 games. I feel you have really done a great job, and thank you for letting me play Dominion. I LOVED IT.

Master Dim Sum

09-21-2011

I said it before, and I'll say it again. It was already impossible trying to balance the same champs for SR and TT. Throwing a new map and completely different gameplay is going to make it that much more impossible.