Champion Balance and Dominion beta

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RF Komos

09-21-2011

I didn't even play, and I know for sure you need to

Nerf Irelia.

iamNumi

09-21-2011

Upvote the man! I really laugh at people with less than 2 hours already claiming X OP, Y UP! How long sometimes it takes too see the true potential of a champion on SR? Sometimes months and the meta is always evolving so it will be the same on Dominion.

Just give it some time because the game mode is new, there are still much to learn/find out and only then you can start stating which champions are "op" or "up" on Dominion. As far as my feedback on Dominion, I just have to say that Riot really did it this time. Map is beautiful, the music amazing (really kudos to the sound guys), the pacing is fast and exciting and the game mode, even though isn't something "new", it's always fun.

Can't wait to be release, really good job on Dominion Riot. <3

vayfarer

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDChry View Post
Hey Morello -

Why can't you do balancing for each game mode (IE: The heroes have different stats for SR and CS?)

This seems the easiest so you don't have fanboys from each game mode crying at every patch.

edit: I agree with you whole heartedly. I think it will take at least a month before anyone can really know what kind of balance tweaks need to be made.
Actually that would be really fascinating. Champions would have different stats and different skill sets for each game mode, so one champion can be, in effect, many champions in terms of play style. I'm certain a 'champion' isn't just limited to 4 skills after all.

Of course, this would probably take far too much effort to implement. Maybe this is something for the champion design team to do after Riot decides that no more champions are needed.

VinTheRockDiesel

09-21-2011

My one game showed strong balance. Tanky DPS seemed great until Talon was stopping anyone who came to him. Morgana felt lackluster until I was alone and she kicked my teeth out. Overall, I felt that every role has a very strong presence as long as you know how to utilize that role.

Nojito

09-21-2011

have you guys ever tweaked games to average 30 minutes internally?

2/3 of the games i played today finished in under 20 minutes..which seems TOO short in my opinion

I think avg game time of 25 is a sweet spot

Guntermench

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotFarlong View Post
Evelynn OP
You realize there are more items that detect stealth right?

Eadorn

09-21-2011

I believe that Lee Sin in dominion is a do for all champion,especially when you can rush there items (offensive and defensive) with the increased money gain there is in there.

Big difference with SR and TT cause Lee Sin doesnt need that many items to be good,most people rush health items ,some lifesteal and an Atmas and then Lee almost unstoppable.But in dominion you cant always chain CC a champion to burst him down.

Also the mobility that champion has in a map that small (nothing as big as SR but not as small as TT ) cause its not like SR where you need to be more tactical on where to jumpward,and that is almost mindblowing.

The same thing i believe for Jax.
There jax can be build quite good on such a little time and you know that a Jax,even if the player is bad or good with him is an unstoppable killing machine.

In SR Jax needs to farm or kill for his items to be strong ,in Dominion though he can rush Gunblade and
other hybrid items and be really really strong on early where he can burst down people with ease after level 6.

These 2 champions i personally find problematic in Dominion.Yet there is not much "data" on my hands to say anything more or judge just a personal opinion.

NathanAndersons

09-21-2011

it seems that all the 1v1 oriented champs are very strong in dominion, and that tanks arent very much nessesairy at all. No clue about support though, but I suspect itll be worse for them for the heal debuff upon playing dominion.

Eadorn

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanAndersons View Post
it seems that all the 1v1 oriented champs are very strong in dominion, and that tanks arent very much nessesairy at all. No clue about support though, but I suspect itll be worse for them for the heal debuff upon playing dominion.

Thats true,supports imho will find little meaning in dominion unless those supports play like hybrids ---> meaning AP/Support champions that can deal some damage and support their teams through auras.but those are too squishy to survive and that leads in 2v1 situations often.

RTIH Christon

09-21-2011

This map is for the Tanky DPS.

I think this is where they were born. Fix it.