Champion Balance and Dominion beta

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silverfish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

bump.

YUSONAMES

09-22-2011

No it doesnt apply after 2 days, your trying to force a metagame that is easy for you to balance later with these item/the global passive.

Caladrius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

The gameplay is extremely fast paced. Which is what you guys wanted, I know, but I was still caught a little off guard. At the moment I still like SR and TT better than CS; I think I'll only be playing CS when I want a really fast game to help me unwind after the day.

Also, as other people have mentioned: mobility seems like an incredibly important stat in CS. I realize that there are speed shrines, but even so, when I play a slower character I feel a lot less useful compared to when I play a character with some kind of movement boost. The primary way of winning the game is by capturing and holding towers. A fast champ can capture more towers than a slower champ, and be safer while capturing too since they can get away easier. A fast champ can also come to the defense of a node more quickly than a slow champ.

Sustainability also seems pretty strong - due to the fast paced nature of Dominion, having to keep going back to base to heal/get mana can easily put your team at a disadvantage and let the enemies capture a point or two. Again, I know there are map features meant to help out champs without sustain, but they don't feel incredibly effective.

Umadbro12

09-22-2011

So far i enjoy it, but i've found that people who have High Mobility/Stealth can actually break the game. Since the game is based solely on towers and there are quick respawn timers, anyone that can get in and out of combat, or avoid it all together, break it. Last game i played they had a twitch who kept just going around capping towers. There was no way to defend against it because all he bought was Movement speed items to run away. Stealth needs a rework, or at least for the Dominion Beta/Release Stealth champs need to be disabled, they practically make the game unfun

Ahlen

09-22-2011

2 hours or 2 minutes doesn't matter. You can tell what's too good in Dominion if you have eyes and a brain.

apurplerock

09-22-2011

I know people are going to get mad at me

but how do i counter tanky dps? I'm having a hard time doing so, and id like some tips.

Pitong Traceur

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by apurplerock View Post
I know people are going to get mad at me

but how do i counter tanky dps? I'm having a hard time doing so, and id like some tips.
There is item giving You true damage on each hit (as active). Get Yi or Xin and melt faces. Or get Kat/Akali and snowball so fast that they won't be tanky enough for You

Argodis

09-22-2011

If you're a squishy AD carry that depends on people blocking for you, Dominion is hell for you. There is nothing to stop them from coming right at you. So Ashe and MF, they're usually bad picks.

Kog Maw is an exception since he can reach his max dmg pretty fast and can still delay their capture after he dies.

YUSONAMES

09-22-2011

tbh spellvamp and lifesteal need to be disable on cs, its just to strong, or add items that deal damge any time the enemy procs such effect, cause in CS sustainability = victory no matter what, case and point 90 % of the games ive played that had a jax, that team won, weather i was the jax, it was a enemy jax or our jax, he just destroyed cause of his natural senergy with spellvamp and lifesteal.

M4D

09-22-2011

Morello can u assure us that game won't be balanced around dominion? I think classic mode and dominion are so different it will be impossible to balance game around 2 modes...