Champion Balance and Dominion beta

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Borigrad

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
This one I agree with
I know you hate sustain with a passion, but the 20% heal reduction hurts a lot of heroes, Vlad in Particular, i like to defend as being viable on SR, but on Dominion he just has no advantage he only gets good when the game is over.

A lot of heroes are similar, while some heroes sustain and burst are just Insane since it's so low. Like Irelia compared to Mundo or Swain Compared to Vlad. Both of those heroes have low constant sustain, where as the other two have infrequent burst sustain that really hurts on dominion.

Quote=Unrelated just trying to get your attention.

IIZekoII

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDChry View Post
Hey Morello -

Why can't you do balancing for each game mode (IE: The heroes have different stats for SR and CS?)

This seems the easiest so you don't have fanboys from each game mode crying at every patch.

edit: I agree with you whole heartedly. I think it will take at least a month before anyone can really know what kind of balance tweaks need to be made.
wow that would be like 200 years of work

Argodis

09-22-2011

Rammus is broken.

You can't stop him from backdooring when he has 250 MR and 450 armor and he hits like a truck because he stacked so much armor. Nearly no one can 1v1 him and you have to leave someone there to stop him from bding.

Puking Madotsuki

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Bump
You can't get a sticky on this?

Saturdays

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

To be honest im owning hardcore with rammus since ecery team is mostly AD because of burst damage and that i can start with 114 armor at the begining of the game its insane

CuteFluffyBunny

09-22-2011

So far from what I've played:

Rumble is ridiculously OP - his ult is gamechanging alone because the entire map is a bunch of narrow paths, it has long range to stop caps, His harpoons are one of the best kiting spells in the game on a map where kiting is paramount

Brand is strong - great damage, the mana regen buff really helps on him

Ryze is good - I found myself 1v1ing tryndamere and irelia lategame

Galio is strong - great at poking, ult + odyn's veil is massive burst

Singed has a weak early game but comes on strong late

Zilean is strong - his speed buff is amazing on this map type

Maokai is strong - he can hold towers like no one else

Karthus is strong - build him tank and no one is taking a tower for a long time

AP teemo is strong - He can shroom all the pickups and completely ruin people

Other notes - Revive is actually a really strong summoner, you only get to use it 2-3 times a game, but the 400 health combined with the massive speed boost ensures that you influence the game tremendously, every time I have ran revive, good things have happened

I also find myself getting hextech sweeper even if the other team doesn't have any stealthers, the fact that it completely nullifies juking on a map full of brush is an extremely strong advantage. The passive duration on this item probably needs to be toned down to 2 seconds and the active should drop to around 3-4.

MightyReg

09-22-2011

I find stupid that the Crystal Scar aura gives 15% Armor Pen right at the start, when the AD already have and advantage over the casters. AD scales mainly with items, and guess what, the cash flows in really fast and there is also a bunch of new AD items for them to choose from.

Only caster I found could defend themselves were Kennen, Annie and Gragas, because of their CC I suppose

KudoKou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

There's no way to stop a Trynd or Irelia from getting out of control. They'll get their big items and annihilate no matter what you do.

GearsPoweredfool

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KudoKou View Post
There's no way to stop a Trynd or Irelia from getting out of control. They'll get their big items and annihilate no matter what you do.

Truth.
I was mauling people with Tryn after a couple of minutes because I found myself with 3k gold amazingly fast.

Krosan

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mcburn View Post
Gp ult is over the top. Really slows down the team that's being ulted's pace, which is a huge thing.
Panth ult is underpowered, 3 people can almost cap the entire thing before he drops.
Dots are way strong, teemo can stop a team himself just by shooting them all once and for however long his psn lasts they can't take it. Same with GP, executioners calling, any dot spell (singed running around in circles just simply stops all progress on a tower, and he's near unkillable)
Actually, supposedly the damage ticks from a DoT shouldn't be interrupting tower capture channels, only the initial application (that is, Toxic Shot should only interrupt on the shot itself, not on the DoT; Singed's gas will interrupt every time you get it refreshed, but if you move out of the poison, the continued ticks shouldn't be interrupting)

What I heard from Brackhar, at least.