2 hours of Dominion != Final opinion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nosticlol

09-21-2011

I played dimion while It was up and even though I lost some and won some It is not enough time for you guys to be making these radical "buff this!" "zomg nerf this!" threads. I'm going to assume that the people saying this probably even solo queued, Didn't have much team work at all and just kind of ran around trying to learn the map, Or their team was trying to learn the mechanics.

I had a couple games with some random kids that didn't even know what dominion was and they mistakenly clicked on it instead of classic. So they spent the entire game just trying to figure it out.

• Dominion went up for testing mainly for server testing reasons. Not for game breaking changes because children whine about X
  • Before crying about Dominion, Try to get a 5 man group together and come up with some stratedgy
  • Actually focus on stratedgy instead of just running around, and lets face it...when you solo queue (especially right now with it being new) you're going to have people that have only breifly heard of Dominion and really don't know what they're doing.
  • People are learning as they go, Be patient.
  • Tankydps is not the standing meta. Riot has been testing this for a very long time and even they said the meta has changed many times. The obvious first choice is "Hey. I'm going to pick (insert tanky dps here) So i've got survivability and movement speed/damage. There are many more strats to Dominion and picking tanky dps will lack you in other categories. If you're having a problem with something learn to counter it, don't just throw your hands up in the air and go OMFG _____ IS JUST OVERPOWERED NO COUNTER NERF NERF NERF.
  • Keep it constructive, nobody wants to read a *****y post..Especialy Riot. Constructive criticism and feedback will always get you farther than "NERF THIS NOW UNPLAYABLE OMG DOMINION IS THE WORST"
  • It's only been one block of live beta testing, like any good test, you need more data before formulating your opinion. If you're making an opinion off of such a short beta period. You's doin it wrong, brah.

The Tentakill

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2011

Agreed. It's far too early especially considering that there's new tricks to be learned on a roundabout map (Crystal Scar) vs. laned maps (SR/TT).

Shini Laser

09-21-2011

Nostic, thank you for being a person of rational thinking.

I don't know why people were having so much problem with tanky DPS, because playing a SUPPORT character, I had little to no problem with them. It means you have to change your tactics. As Zilean, I found myself using Heal/Garrison. For whoever you use, you might want to use something similar or something different. I have no idea, but you also have to consider item build and if you are doing it right.

DELTA2ALPHA

09-21-2011

True that man, I cant wait to try out dominion. I only started playing a few months ago, so at least Im not so far from where I began that I have forgotten it will take time to learn some thing new again lol.

Kaybeitan

09-21-2011

Agreed but I beleive the main issue when it comes to "OP" or not is that different toons are going to be great here until the mode is out. The people complaining are those that are either noobs or so used to the meta game of SR. Dominion has no meta game yet and until it does Riot will have to deal with the forums being lit up by people complaining. And to those that actually read this. Hold your **** comments about balance till after the first full month of release and we begin to see where the meta game is and the higher elo's have a chance to really go at it and try all the different champions out.

Mynt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2011

The "x is OP," and "y is UP" phase is just one way humans come to invent strategies. By eventually listing every combination as a broken mechanic in one big circle jerk of calling each other worthless scrubs, the community comes to develop a sense of what works and doesn't.

Don't hate them for what they do, but at the same time don't give them any unnecessary attention. Just sit back, and let the alarmist threads unfold. You wouldn't be able to stop it anyways.

Munegazer

09-21-2011

bump

Vuliev

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaybeitan View Post
until...the higher elo's have a chance to really go at it and try all the different champions out.

I, for one, don't see Dominion catching on with the high elo's. Then again, maybe my perceptions are skewed against people who apparently forsake fun for "optimum play." :P

Munegazer

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuliev View Post
I, for one, don't see Dominion catching on with the high elo's. Then again, maybe my perceptions are skewed against people who apparently forsake fun for "optimum play." :P
Optimum play is fun. IDK about you but getting my face owned because i don't strategize isn't my idea of fun. It is and always will be what makes the game.

Nosticlol

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuliev View Post
Unfortunately this, I can speak from experience in that when you like something enough to dedicate a lot of time to it and something new comes out that you will have to learn all over again in a completely different style of play you don't really want to conform to it. I don't see the professionals wanting to make the switch anytime soon. However I see Dominion being more profitable and marketable on the professional gaming level.