Dominion Quests to easy to miss.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Twixiee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2011

i didnt have this problem at all, in the top right corner i would always notice when the quest was listed

DireRaven

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by boourns View Post
More feedback here please, quest display is something that we struggled with during dominion development. We are a bit limited on what we can show on the minimap due to how it was written, but that is something we can change in the future even though we didn't have enough time before release. I think the current display is too subtle, but at the same time we don't want something so big that it obscures other more important information on the minimap.

Making quests more obvious is something we'd like to improve on.
I actually think they are fine... I was able to see them on the left hand side of my screen just fine.

I'd rather they not get loud and annoying.

Infected Mess

09-21-2011

100% agree with the posters thought on the quests, Noticed there is no time to run over and do them since all the towers are being taken non stop. Would be really nice if capture time was increased just right so that you have time to do the quests and save a tower from being taken over.

Whittaker

09-21-2011

To be honest, in the five Dominion games I played I noticed the quests once but didn't notice any impact they had on the game. Granted a lot of this is because the game mode is new and the pacing is rather frantic so I was always busy doing something so didn't have the time to sit and read what the objectives were.
Still I believe the notification when they activate is too subtle and the import/reward of it isn't really communicated that well to your average first time player. Over time regular players will learn what the significance is and will become more attuned to noticing the notification so it won't be as big an issue but will still be problematic for new users.

boourns

UI Designer

09-22-2011
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyan9 View Post
Maybe something like an arrow that scrolls on the edges of your screen in the direction of the thing you need to attack/defend

(ie; a 2D platformer game where it points something to you off screen)
Good idea, I think this would be more effective than changing what is on the minimap actually. We'll see if we can do something with this.

FYI, as some posters have mentioned. We actually *do* ping and have the announcer say that a quest is received! However there is so much going on in dominion it is easy to miss as a new player to the mode. We'd like to make learning where quests are more intuitive without cluttering up the UI even more.

ArlanKels

09-22-2011

I have no difficulty seeing a quest is available...
I mean not only does it announce
QUEST AVAILABLE
or whatever..
But then in the upper corner of your screen it literally shows you the quest!

I don't get how people are missing this :O

captnnemo

09-22-2011

another thing it should be so simple to do the quest the turrents needed to be capped shouldn't allways be side by side make them across the map from one another every once in a while

KudoKou

09-22-2011

I haven't had so much trouble noticing the quests, but they're quests to do what you were already trying to do. They really don't change much of anything.

Grisn

09-22-2011

To be honest in my first 4 games of Dominion i never even noticed the quests.