Dominion Quests to easy to miss.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vuliev

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyRelish View Post
I did notice when quests came up most of the time, but I was expecting the announcer to tell you when a quest came up. The first quest I completed was actually completely by accident.

It would be pretty simple audio to put in too, just have her say, "A new quest is available!" and bam. Would make it a lot easier for people to realize, "Hey, there is a quest we can do. We should do it!"

But the announcer does say "You have been given a new quest!" or something like that. Maybe the sound's just too quiet?

Nojito

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by boourns View Post
More feedback here please, quest display is something that we struggled with during dominion development. We are a bit limited on what we can show on the minimap due to how it was written, but that is something we can change in the future even though we didn't have enough time before release. I think the current display is too subtle, but at the same time we don't want something so big that it obscures other more important information on the minimap.

Making quests more obvious is something we'd like to improve on.
perhaps color code the quests (offensive/defensive quests)

might make them stand out more IMO

BigDaddyDelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuliev View Post
But the announcer does say "You have been given a new quest!" or something like that. Maybe the sound's just too quiet?
If it did I didn't notice it at all, even when I was watching replays.

Maybe something more defined?

Vuliev

09-21-2011

Something like the arrow-on-the-map thing that people mentioned should do it.

IMO, everyone should try muting the music and lowering the champ voice sound and see how much more they're able to hear the announcer.

EDIT: I just checked my sound levels, and my announcer volume is at half. Maybe I just have sensitive ears? @_@

SotLTravis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

09-21-2011

I played four games today and I'm uploading them here: http://www.stateoftheleague.com/home...play-foot.html

If you watch them you'll see that it wasn't until a few games in that I started being aware of their existence. I knew they were a part of the game, but the announcer is kind of spammy so it's easy to not here here and I think most people tend to ignore that corner of the screen because they're more focused. Something that is more noticeable but still not interruptive would be better.

Guntermench

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by boourns View Post
More feedback here please, quest display is something that we struggled with during dominion development. We are a bit limited on what we can show on the minimap due to how it was written, but that is something we can change in the future even though we didn't have enough time before release. I think the current display is too subtle, but at the same time we don't want something so big that it obscures other more important information on the minimap.

Making quests more obvious is something we'd like to improve on.
It isn't so much that they are easy to miss, for me it was more no-one else in the match really cared. The one quest was to defend the windmill for my team and to capture it i'm assuming for the other team and everyone ignored it and went to the bottom for a teamfight. Being EVE i ghosted the point we had to capture and!.... No-one cared.

tomcellwheel

09-21-2011

If your quest objective is to capture windmill and drill, make it to where the windmill/drill on the minimap have a "glowing outline" perse. That way, everyone knows something is needed there, and can then look up to where the quest is. :P

For instance: take a look at this.

http://cdn1.solariz.de/wp-content/up...map-solari.jpg

Where it actually shows the drill/windmill....make it "Filled" with a noticeable color (perhaps the same color as whichever team you are on) or a glowing outline around the image.

Nyadnar17

09-21-2011

Didn't even notice Dominion had quest so this is a definite agreement from me.

Stealthy

09-21-2011

map awareness

Auract

09-21-2011

Yeah, but to flashy then you will take up the screen that might be more needed with fights going on.