Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Dominion Quests to easy to miss.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Marcian Tobay

09-21-2011

Quote:
boourns:
More feedback here please, quest display is something that we struggled with during dominion development. We are a bit limited on what we can show on the minimap due to how it was written, but that is something we can change in the future even though we didn't have enough time before release. I think the current display is too subtle, but at the same time we don't want something so big that it obscures other more important information on the minimap.

Making quests more obvious is something we'd like to improve on.

One suggestion. Audio file: "A new quest has appeared".

Corruption44

09-21-2011

i noticed i'd always see the "you have received a quest" thing but i was always too busy to see where it was on the map, i reccomend a periodic ping instead of a single ping when it's given out, make the colour unique for quests, and make it every 30/45/60 seconds ish

Jack D Ripper

09-21-2011

Here is my idea. How about the five capture point positions shown as circles in their pentagon shape about as big as a quarter of the screen. This would be positioned in the center of the screen. The circle would be transparent and it would fade on to and off of the screen. Finally, in each position the quest requires you to complete, the sword and shield symbol are shown. Hopefully this wont be annoyingly big or block any vision for combat.

The Tentakill

Recruiter

09-21-2011

I noticed a lot of people not realizing the quests were active earlier; they are hard to see on the minimap. I was hounding them because I noticed during the Rioter showcase of Dominion a while back that they were important, so I'd always say something for my team if it seemed like nobody noticed.

A suggestion would be to maybe have quest nodes pulse between the team color and yellow? Similar to how it pulses green/red when it's getting neutralized or gray/team color when getting captured.

Vuliev

09-21-2011

Idk, I usually heard the announcer for the quests, glanced at the little sidebars, then ignored it until I had a chance to complete it. No problems with the announcement here. :/

BlissLeader

09-21-2011

An arrow stuff, definitively. Must have a direction indicator. Thanks

Two indicators actually, one for def and one for offense.

And size (or color) changing according to distances, would be perfect.

Canadian Pants

09-21-2011

I only know about the one quest that gives your team a buff if you take the node with the swirly bits.

THERES OTHERS?!

Or are they just the same as when you run over a health pack or cap a node.

Are they the blue icons that pop up during the opening countdown?

Torenia

09-21-2011

Quote:
boourns:
More feedback here please, quest display is something that we struggled with during dominion development. We are a bit limited on what we can show on the minimap due to how it was written, but that is something we can change in the future even though we didn't have enough time before release. I think the current display is too subtle, but at the same time we don't want something so big that it obscures other more important information on the minimap.

Making quests more obvious is something we'd like to improve on.

Have it ping a few times at the start the location of the quest (like red for what to attack and blue for what to defend)

Ninja Le

09-21-2011

questss?? waht??

BigDaddyDelish

09-21-2011

I did notice when quests came up most of the time, but I was expecting the announcer to tell you when a quest came up. The first quest I completed was actually completely by accident.

It would be pretty simple audio to put in too, just have her say, "A new quest is available!" and bam. Would make it a lot easier for people to realize, "Hey, there is a quest we can do. We should do it!"