Dominion Quests to easy to miss.

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Piolho Cristão

09-21-2011

Also I dont find this to be a big issue, in SR it takes months before you learn the power of dragon and start counting the time and organize your ingame plains around it.

Give some time and people might actully pay more respect to quest objetives.

In SF is where you guys should be worry in making the dragon more appealing to new players. Change it icon on the minimap so it doesnt get confused with a normal creep, and know that red is read as danger.

You guys should make some play tests with what happens when the announcer says that the dragon is up. That would make some pretty epic mid games moments on mid/low elo.

Red VII

09-21-2011

I already posted on it, but half the problem for me is that the quest text is scaled to your HUD. Meaning, if you have your HUD scaled lower, then it's impossible to read them.

vX2

09-21-2011

oh ya, and quite often, I don't know how much points our NEXUS bleeding?, any ways to improve that pls?

Bork Hammer 40k

09-21-2011

What about having a location name for each section of the map and then placing that somewhere near the minimap? This would make distinguishing points easier and then you could possibly implement a green name for the objective you need to defend and a red name for the objective you need to attack. That way, players will be able to pick up on point names much faster and they will learn strategic map sections faster as well.

fuji sempai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2011

maybe something similar to arrow indicator used for orianna's ball could be used. a shield in the direction you need to defend and a sword in the direction to attack. though this could cause problems for orianna.

Larqua

09-21-2011

What about making the quests announced by a sound OTHER than the normal ping? Something different so it's harder to dismiss while busy, or at the very least you know it's a quest instead of a teammates ping.

Neil Brett Zhang

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2011

Maybe a little green arrow pointing towards defend and a red arrow pointing towards attack under your character? Sort of like Orianna's... except this would be problematic for her. I'm sure a solution can be figured out :P

Kwisatz Haderach

09-21-2011

Put the image of Kat from the PC gamer mag on the screen with the text for the quest over her boobs...there's no way I will miss it

Red VII

09-21-2011

Have a small graphic on the map showing which points to defend and attack. Would also help a bunch.

Nokturnalex

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by boourns View Post
More feedback here please, quest display is something that we struggled with during dominion development. We are a bit limited on what we can show on the minimap due to how it was written, but that is something we can change in the future even though we didn't have enough time before release. I think the current display is too subtle, but at the same time we don't want something so big that it obscures other more important information on the minimap.

Making quests more obvious is something we'd like to improve on.
As long as it doesn't delay the release you can make the alert as silent as a ninja or as annoying as phreak. ( i kid phreak i lub ya)

1234567 ... 8