My Opinion of this Brave New Frontier.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yuristocrat

09-22-2011

Wow. Where to begin?
To say Dominion is "New and exciting" would be giving it far less than it deserves. What is Dominion? Dominion is a high intensity slap in the face, one that you enjoy every second of. It's like riding a rollercoaster while trying to eat a nicely plated dinner your family just cooked for you. It's absolutely delicious, but all over the place. I've only had four games with Dominion thus far, but each one has been exactly what I've wanted out of League of Legends for quite some time, something that gets you into the action immediately from the get go. Right at the outset, you're rushed off to try and establish map control, and from there it's a clever game of wits to outsmart your opponents. Games here do not end the way those on Summoner's Rift do, meaning often already well in advance decided and slowly moving towards the finish line. Games on Crystal Scar make your heart pound and the hairs on the back of your neck stand tall. To give you an example, just two games ago, our team literally managed to win with a score of 1-0 as the Master Yi on our team dashed all the way to the capture point closest to the enemy base without them noticing as they attempted to push and scare us off from grabbing a third point. In just enough time we were able to grab the point and counter push, giving that ticker just barely the amount of time it needed to finish 1-0 in our favor. That's what Dominion is. It's rugged, it's ballsy, and if I were the enemy team, it's downright frustrating. Through it all, though, every moment is a refreshingly adrenaline filled moment that brings us out of the passivity of Summoner's Rift and into a new and exciting arena of Crystal Scar. This is what League of Legends needed, and Riot has delivered, and then some.

It's taken a while Riot, but well done, well done indeed.

My hat is tipped for all of you staff that have worked so diligently on this project. If any Rioters read this, I hope that if you get nothing else out of this, be happy that you have given at least one LoL player exactly what they were looking for.

FatJuggaloHole

09-22-2011

A point control game mode this is just like the moon landing

Lizerus

09-22-2011

"Wow. Where to begin?"
Followed by one sentence, lol.

Jarbis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizerus View Post
"Wow. Where to begin?"
Followed by one sentence, lol.
Four sentences.

But yeah, Dominion is fantastic.

Yuristocrat

09-22-2011

Lol, I accidentally hit submit before I could finish the rest. Apologies everyone that read this pre-finish!