So if I have a job, i'll never get to try dominion?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wicked Demiurge

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahnno6 View Post
Why do people feel entitled to the beta? They aren't doing it so that players can enjoy it. they are doing it to test it to ensure a smooth launch. The players getting a chance to enjoy early is just a perk.
Considering we get to beta test server crashes, chat client crashes, client crashes, ability bugs, and unbalanced items and champs, it would be nice to beta test something we want to test.

Entitled? Arguable. Expect to see the same crashes and balance issues now or in a month, so I'd rather have it now? Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Taco Storm View Post
You'll get to try dominion when it's released!
"Soon?"

StandAloneX

09-21-2011

An open Beta test for anyone that's online at the time? Who does that?
I think it was an amazing idea.
I
've beta tested for other games where you have to sign up Via email and hope your selected.
Wait weeks and if your not picked oh well.

At least they gave everyone who was available at the time a chance to play.

Kwisatz Haderach

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eladis View Post
I'm employed and I got to play dominion...not everyone has the generic 9-5 jobs...
lol 9-5 that doesn't even exist...pretty much every company I've ever seen has a lunch period of at least 30m

Vongimi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2011

You people that were at work think you got it hard.... I WAS STILL ASLEEP!!! I mean come on! Do they really expect me to wake up before 10am to play dominion? F' that noise!

Lol, jokes aside, I did sleep in today (dont work mornings) and missed the announcement and the entire beta

Nokturnalex

09-21-2011

i still think they should've kept it on longer, 2 hours was barely enough and I didn't get much of a warning. I check these forums pretty frequently and didn't see dominion beta starting till 15 minutes before it was over. (Only got 1 game in obviously)

I'm sure there's more than 2 hours in the day in which very few people are on NA servers. If anything the beta should only be inaccessable between 3pm-3am EST. (maybe 4am)

Cause in the united states between 3pm and 3am EST is when the majority of people actually have free time.

Snafzg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2011

Entitlement doesn't become anyone... Really? It's just a beta test. And they need to do it at off-peak times as a control parameter. At least you have a job! :P

HolyChalice

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Demiurge View Post
Considering we get to beta test server crashes, chat client crashes, client crashes, ability bugs, and unbalanced items and champs, it would be nice to beta test something we want to test.

Entitled? Arguable. Expect to see the same crashes and balance issues now or in a month, so I'd rather have it now? Yes.

"Soon?"
You aren't entitled to anything. Stop crying.

TalkGibberish

09-21-2011

This thread wants me to strangle the internet.

Onisake

09-21-2011

It largely depends on what the goal of the beta is. if it's PURELY for server stability. then off-peak hours are fine. there shoudl be no issues. you just need bodies. off-peak hours give you more control.

Of course off-peak hours also removes younger students (elementary, middle school, high school) who are in school during off peak hours. and i really can't say i mind losing that group of people in a beta test >.>

Balancing is league is generally pretty good. so balancing issues likely aren't high on the priority list for goals of beta.

people who work full time also generally get PTO. so if you really really really want to try out dominion. you can. AND you get paid to do it. (althought it is towards the end of the quarter so maybe not, depending on your workload.)

Smcl

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miirik View Post
Wake up

No new announcements

Go to part time job

within that short time span they announced dominion beta uptime, had it, and it's now over with

really, Riot?
You'll never get to try the beta, yes. That's how betas work for some people. Once they do the full release you'll be able to play it whenever...