Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Wangwang`s fanart

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ItzMattu

Technical Analyst

09-21-2011

Awesome interpretation of these champions. Looking forward to seeing more. :]

Octavyan

Recruiter

09-21-2011

This is incredible.

Declipse

09-21-2011

Quote:
Letkhar:
Pretty much the fact that every freaking thing in the picture is a very clear reference to League of Legends.

My retort was general because your comment was general. I basically said,"Hey, look at this specific example that I believe contradicts your categorical rejection of the relevance of every work of art presented."

Yeah, you're pretty unobservant.

EDIT: Stop editing your posts and expecting me to check them every 30 seconds. Now I have to go back...Ugh...

If everyone took your attitude when it came to art, we wouldn't have some of the best art in the world. I'm thinking of basically any of the great artists in the past 200 years, in any medium, and I can't think of a single one that didn't take ideas from another artist and reinterpret/completely remove it from what it originally was to make their own meaning understood. Borges had Schopenhauer, Beethoven had Mozart...Come to think of it, the entirety of classical Western music is completely based on the reiteration of themes written in Gregorian Chants centuries before.

What I'm trying to say becomes clearer when you compare it to the better-composed pieces such as the Blitzcrank and the Katarina. Yes, I take back what I originally said as it was a generalization and these pieces are pretty good in every aspect.

Take a look at Blitz, you can feel the power of his action - he grabbed what might be MF and is ready to powerfist her. Pay attention to the flow of the composition, you can SEE the steam coming out of him, the electricity running through him. Even though his robotic face does not show any emotions, you can feel it.

Now take a look at that Lux - Really, zoom in and look at her. She's a humanoid being capable of expressing herself - yet she has a completely neutral face. The only feeling she gives is "it's somewhat too bright here". The one handed laser makes it feel like it was an effortless strike, she couldn't care less about that caster minion? and possibly a Warwick. It seems like she was walking back to her tower, just looked the other way and cast a laser randomly and for no reason at all.

Now compare THAT to the Katarina - You can clearly see what makes Katarina Katarina, it's all there even in the grittier setting. Even tho she's not in action, you can feel what happened - she's god**** proud about kicking some asses in that ship, you can see it in her face, in her proud stance and lying in pieces around the place. You look at it and you see her thinking "I'm so ****ing awesome I could take another 300 of these ****ers".

Now look at Lux again, and tell me that that piece really has any real emotion when compared to those.

EDIT: I agree on the point of my posts sounding rather aggressive, but that's mostly incidental. The "short and nicer version" of the post posted sums it up somewhat decently:
"I like the artwork, but it feels like something was lost in the process"

WiIdKarrde

09-21-2011

Your artwork is absolutely amazing. Do you have a deviantart page? I'd love to see more. <3

NicK DemoN01

09-21-2011

Holly mother of lazzor that lux and nunu feed O_O. Good Jood all your fanart, keep going .

Letkhar

09-21-2011

Quote:
Declipse:
Yes, I take back what I originally said as it was a generalization and these pieces are pretty good in every aspect.

That's all I was defending. You're right that Lux's face is kind of wonky.

Quote:
Declipse:
he grabbed what might be MF

It's Evelynn... :/

NotoriousBLT

09-21-2011

Oh man these are really good! Do Skarner and Trundle next =D.

I really like how Katarina actually has a Heart of Gold, Haunting Guise, Giants Belt, and I think it's the head of an Abyssal Scepter.

Dadeonlol

09-21-2011

blitzyank is epic beyond belief. well done, sir.

Declipse

09-21-2011

Quote:
Letkhar:
That's all I was defending. You're right that Lux's face is kind of wonky.

It's Evelynn... :/

What happened to her skin?

WatchMeOwn989

09-21-2011

Jesus u are so good love the items detail