Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Wangwang`s fanart

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xsayarsa

09-21-2011

Glad i have dual monitors <3 lux background now lool.

Letkhar

09-21-2011

Quote:
Declipse:
Yes, but without me mentioning any specific about that piece, your retort lacked any real content. I assume you meant the items? The heads?

Pretty much the fact that every freaking thing in the picture is a very clear reference to League of Legends.

My retort was general because your comment was general. I basically said,"Hey, look at this specific example that I believe contradicts your categorical rejection of the relevance of every work of art presented."

Quote:
The Nunu piece (as edited/mentioned in the original post) isn't even Nunu - it's just the yeti with a blurry shadow on its back.

Yeah, you're pretty unobservant.

EDIT: Stop editing your posts and expecting me to check them every 30 seconds. Now I have to go back...Ugh...

Quote:
Declipse:
It's not that "it doesn't have anything to do with League of Legends", it's just that so much creative freedom has been taken that most of the game has been lost on the trip, or just no real attention was paid to what the base was. Looks more like "hey man I can draw well so I'll just draw that other dude I saw in a game once from what I still remember in a really epic setting", it's an empty vessel without the real character - none of the original feelings, lore etc.

Pantheon has freaking energy rays : /

If everyone took your attitude when it came to art, we wouldn't have some of the best art in the world. I'm thinking of basically any of the great artists in the past 200 years, in any medium, and I can't think of a single one that didn't take ideas from another artist and reinterpret/completely remove it from what it originally was to make their own meaning understood. Borges had Schopenhauer, Beethoven had Mozart...Come to think of it, the entirety of classical Western music is completely based on the reiteration of themes written in Gregorian Chants centuries before.

TheBriggz

09-21-2011

Quote:
Declipse:
Yes, but without me mentioning any specific about that piece, your retort lacked any real content. I assume you meant the items? The heads?

The Nunu piece (as edited/mentioned in the original post) isn't even Nunu - it's just the yeti with a blurry shadow on its back.

It's not that "it doesn't have anything to do with League of Legends", it's just that so much creative freedom has been taken that most of the game has been lost on the trip, or just no real attention was paid to what the base was. Looks more like "hey man I can draw well so I'll just draw that other dude I saw in a game once from what I still remember in a really epic setting", it's an empty vessel without the real character - none of the original feelings, lore etc.

Pantheon has freaking energy rays : /

You sir, need to rethink what Art truly is. And hold your aggressive opinions. You had your say now leave it at that. No need to be so negative about this artwork.

You say he lost the story and the lore of the character. How about re-creating that lore? That story? These images depict the same champions we all know in a totally different setting. A dark and violent setting. If you don't like that sort of artwork, say you don't. But don't berate the artist for portraying his talent to the forums.

Art is anything that can invoke an emotion, you need to remember that.

Ryu62

09-21-2011

sick dude!!

GorillionDollars

09-21-2011

nice work man! Make more!

Arkham Wolf

09-21-2011

Superb, absolutely stunning. By the cosmos, you have great talent.

Qbe

09-21-2011

dat Janna has an impressive ass

Raaji

09-21-2011

Really awesome stuff, well done!

Declipse

09-21-2011

Quote:
TheBriggz:
You sir, need to rethink what Art truly is. And hold your aggressive opinions. You had your say now leave it at that. No need to be so negative about this artwork.

You say he lost the story and the lore of the character. How about re-creating that lore? That story? These images depict the same champions we all know in a totally different setting. A dark and violent setting. If you don't like that sort of artwork, say you don't. But don't berate the artist for portraying his talent to the forums.

Art is anything that can invoke an emotion, you need to remember that.

I never said it was bad, in fact I've said that it's good, it's just lacking in those aspects.

Dark and violent setting? The character also does not fit that context either.
What I've said is that it's an almost completely graphical piece, it contains almost no emotions.
If they're changed graphically, in lore and in setting they're pretty much a completely different thing.
And as for "berating" the artist for portraying his talent; to post one's work expecting only exaltation and praise from the whole world demands a lot of cockiness, which I assume the author does not have and instead posted his work to gather comments of all kinds as a humble, good artist.

Really, in a matter of artistical growth and progression, comments like "omg so gud gonna use as wallpaper lol" serve only as an ego boost, that's all - no improvement made. Again, I'm not saying it's bad - it's pretty good - it just has a lot of room for improvement in less graphical/tangible matters.

DefectiveWaffle

09-21-2011

Morgana scares me.
/cower