Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

DC's Completely Ruin Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Poptart1933

09-22-2011

i do not agree with this at all. i played 3 games of dominion yesterday and had a DC on my team in each one. lost 1 won 1 and on the 3rd the player returned when we were behind 400 to 100 and he came back and won. its hard yes but not impossible to win 4v5... same as with SR.

enforcerupu

09-22-2011

Quote:
Harbinger Elliot:
One thing to keep in mind is that Dominion is supposed to be a quicker map. If you have a guy that DCs every game for a total of 2 minutes at the beginning, it will most likely affect Dominion games more than 5v5s just because of length of Dominion.

Consider other online multiplayer games like MMORPGS. If you DC there for even 30 seconds you could guarantee a wipe.

Although, maybe making your champ be auto-played by the comp would help alleviate this problem.

While I understand the reasoning behind the auto-play suggestion, the feeding this would cause for the other teams benefit would be astronomical. For that reason I'd vote 'no'.

Skeeep

09-22-2011

Sorakabot has entered the D O M I N I O N !

Olyps

09-22-2011

they'll never instate team buffs upon a d/c because that will create a dynamic where poor players would be pressured to just leave the game instead of participating. It could also be used as a tactic to win which is not a playstyle that Riot values.

DevilsAdvocate

09-22-2011

Disconnects ruin MOBAs?

STOP THE PRESSES!

I can't imagine they're going to have a 'ranked' dominion mode but if they did perhaps a short pause you could vote your way out of when somebody DCed would make sense, but nobody is going to wait around for 2 solid minutes in a 20 minute game mode for somebody to figure out their connection issues.

Qaladan

09-22-2011

Well, DC's completely ruin ANY game mode.

At least even a 10 minute loss is worth more IP than a 20 minute bot game and almost as much as a 40-50 minute loss on SR. =)

Cobalt

Recruiter

09-22-2011

Agreed, a way to pause the game is needed more than ever.

Skeeep

09-22-2011

Quote:
Cobalt:
Agreed, a way to pause the game is needed more than ever.

I would rather lose.... chances are the game would unpause and then you would have 4 ppl afk....

CheefaTheReefa

09-22-2011

had 2 people dc over 3 games it's auto lose.

Warathon

09-29-2011

Just had a Kassadin d/c on our team with a 200+ points lead, the moment he went d/c the other team was 4-capping and inevitably 5-capped before the game ended.

So yeah, I'd say disconnects are a huge ****ing issue in this game. But they have been all along, regardless of it being SR or Dominion. Riot's too clueless to implement a DOTA-esque "buffer"; I guess they think players enjoy being punished for another player disconnecting (regardless of the issue) and being unable to do anything about it other than - 9 times out of 10 - get their ass handed to them promptly.