Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

DC's Completely Ruin Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Magicapples

09-21-2011

Even short ones. We had a blitz and ashe come into the game about 1 to 2 minutes late. we were completely f'd. Nexus was at 75% health by the time they decided to start clicking.

verrrrry bad deficit.

There needs to be some come back tweaks there Riot.

Magicapples

09-22-2011

anybody else experience this?

gnmish

09-22-2011

Yeh, first 2 games my team had a D/C, always the slowest loader, so I suspect there is something stil buggy in the mode/map thats causing some client hassels.

But you kinda have to expect it, its called a Beta for a reason.

Gypsy Magic

09-22-2011

Yup. Bumped.

Harbinger Elliot

09-22-2011

One thing to keep in mind is that Dominion is supposed to be a quicker map. If you have a guy that DCs every game for a total of 2 minutes at the beginning, it will most likely affect Dominion games more than 5v5s just because of length of Dominion.

Consider other online multiplayer games like MMORPGS. If you DC there for even 30 seconds you could guarantee a wipe.

Although, maybe making your champ be auto-played by the comp would help alleviate this problem.

Tokun

09-22-2011

Quote:
Harbinger Elliot:
Although, maybe making your champ be auto-played by the comp would help alleviate this problem.

Instead of sending your champ to base doing nothing. I would totally be for this.

3v3ryone

09-22-2011

It's much easier to troll on dominion and make your team lose the game. I wonder how Riot will fix it...

Hypersauce

09-22-2011

A DC at the beginning isn't that detrimental. I played 6 games of Dominion yesterday and pretty much all of them had some kind of turn around. It's VERY easy to turn things back around into your favor in Dominion, even if the other team has twice as many points left.

So yes, a disconnect can screw you over, but it can screw you over in SR too. Late game in SR a DC is pretty much guaranteed to be a loss unless you have the other team pushed back so hard that they can't leave their base due to super minions.

I can't really think of a single online game that doesn't suffer from internet connection issues. The smaller the group, the more it hurts to lose one person. You wouldn't expect to win a 3v3 arena match in WoW if one of your partners disconnected would you? You wouldn't blame Blizzard's game design for that would you? Unless you can prove that the LoL client is causing people to disconnect and not their ISP your issue should be with the ISPs of the people who d/c not RIOT.

Kazzamkablam

09-22-2011

I thought i would never say it but actually having comp autoplay dced champs at domination could work, no way in hell in other two modes tho.

FDru

09-22-2011

Quote:
Kazzamkablam:
I thought i would never say it but actually having comp autoplay dced champs at domination could work, no way in hell in other two modes tho.

No it wouldn't work.