Akali Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trojanman3210

09-21-2011

I just saw Chaox build two gunblades in dominion with akali and was healing for a lot. I am aware that spell vamp on items do not stack, but would one gunblade spell vamp stack with akali's passive?

I'm new to LoL and akali, and i'm just trying to figure out the best build/build order for her. i'm constantly trying new builds. Thanks guys.

Macaco Velho

09-21-2011

I believe AP akali is the best way to go, since you'll kill squishies in less than a second. If you're doing that, you should go:

Boots
Sheen
Rylai's
Rabadon's
Lich's Bane
Hextecht
Maybe a tanky item

That's a good approach to AP akali, you'll deal lots of damage. I'm not a pro akali player, so I'm not sure about the order that you should buy those items.

Trojanman3210

09-21-2011

One of the biggest problems i have is the combo skill order as well. Like i said, i dont even have 100 wins yet but i love the aspect of akali....just need practice and knowledge

Ayestes

09-21-2011

spell vamp does stack on gunblades

Grovel

09-21-2011

I lean toward this route:

Start with Boots + 3hp bots
Hextech Revolver
Sorc Boots
Hextech Gunblade
Giants Belt > Rylai's
Guardian Angel
Sheen > Lichbane

Revolver + Gunblade really help your sustain. Rushing Gunblade also gives you a ton of burst to practically insta-gib someone.

Your harass combo is Q, wait for the cooldown to reset on Q, ult, auto attack Q-proc, Q again, W. Try to avoid using your E when you're going for a kill, wastes too much energy. Only if it'll seal the deal.

A Small Neko

09-21-2011

I've played Akali for easily 300+ games on this account and my other account, that being said it's rather obvious I have a very good understanding of how Akali works and what to build on her. In season 1 of League of legends I played her and carried myself up to 1800 elo (not that impressive, but an idea of where I'm at with her).

Onto the items;
Starting items is dependant on runes for Akali, my rune page is same as Westrices, 7 Atk dmg marks 2 Magic Pen marks, 9 HP/lvl seals 9 Flat AP glyphs and finally 3 Flat AP quints.

Since you proc both passive at level 1 you can start with boots 3 hp pots which is exceptionally helpful for Akali because laning her pre 6 is rather tough. HP pots help you stay in lane longer and boots help to avoid harras and harras your lane opponent.

From there try to save enough money for a hextec revolver for your first trip, this will give you enough spell vamp to stay in lane for a very long time and farm farm farm.

After you get enough gold for Mercs + Giants belt back and get them, your burst is already amazing with simply your runes and hextech revolver, so the extra HP + MR is very helpful. Side note; Merc treads are the most amazing item in the world, I go mercs over sorcs every game simply because if your lane opp gets sorcs you have +5 MR and 35% CC reduction over them.

After getting Giants belt + mercs, it all depends on what's happening in the game/your lane. If your steam rolling your lane get a Sheen to add extra burst and go gank lanes, if your getting wrecked finish your Rylais for the slow and extra hp. Finish which ever item you didn't get at this point (Ryalis/Sheen)

Now it should be starting to be around the 30-40 mintue mark, Build your sheen into a Lich bane and start building a GA (Guardian Angel), GA helps to deter any focus fire on your because you'll just revive, it also makes your job as an anti-carry very easy because you dive, kill a carry, you die, come back and then play clean up.

Once your finished, Ryalis, Mercs, Lich bane, GA, you can either build a death cap for more burst or build a Hextech gunblade it's completely up to you at this point either way you'll end up with both if the game lasts long enough.

With regards to skilling order, Get Q lvl 1, W lvl 2 after that your skill order becomes this; R > Q > E > W

I hope this helps, and good luck mastering Akali. She's extremely fun to play and does her job as an anti-carry extremely well.

SIDENOTE: Remember to CS (Creep score) "CS will NEVER betray you." - Dyrus

Entraxle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

I've noticed that builds for dominion seem to be quite a bit different than builds for classic so far. I've been playing Akali in dominion and my build for that mode (and it's been working well so far) has been:
Boots of Mobility + 3 pots
Hextech Revolver
Rylai's
Hextech Gunblade
Another Hextech Gunblade

Usually the game is over before the second gunblade, but since dominion has a lot of 1v1 fights, that life leech can be a life saver and just makes Akali that much more scary.

Carados

09-22-2011

Gunblade's are really great early IF YOU'VE WON YOUR LANE AND ARE SNOWBALLING.

If you are NOT snowballing, don't rush gunblades, you'll just fall farther behind and be useless, go the standard Rylais/Lichbane/Deathcap build until you're ahead.

Cenerae

09-22-2011

Gunblade spell vamp isn't unique. You can stack as many of them as you please and get all of the spell vamp.

It makes Akali incredibly strong and able to sustain herself at a silly rate, but she pretty much explodes when focus fired.