Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is anyone else disappointed with Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

El Carreton

09-21-2011

Riot... I LOVE YOU!...

YamiDragon

09-21-2011

I love you too riot

Palindrake

09-21-2011

Quote:
MANGOROBOCOP:
I'm saying I would have rather them put the effort toward Magma Chamber or something.. I don't know, more fun and enjoyable for people who don't want to play WoW BGs and would rather play.. y'know, DotA style gameplay that we started for in the first place?

The fact the Casual Basin 2.0 got dev priority over Mag Chamber, Replays, and Observer shows how little Riot cares about serious players, because this **** is impossible to take seriously.

Just think of DotA2. Just think for a minute. Dominion is an ANSWER to DotA2. Dominion is how Riot will grow and grow and be able to develop and deploy everything else the playerbase is yearning for. Imagine if DotA2 comes along, kills or severely maims LoL, what are we left with? Exactly.

Dominion was absolutely needed for Riot to survive long term. New game mode is an awesome solution to a competitive threat.

Mattrellen

09-21-2011

Quote:
Morello:
Sorry you didn't like it. I think the analysis of balance can't be accurate from your time, but if you didn't find the game fun or engaging, then is it because the experience you're looking for doesn't match up, or the execution doesn't deliver?

For me, it just wasn't the experience I was looking for.

I dislike the emphasis on fighting enemy champs head to head from the start. Strangely, it felt like there was less emphasis on map control, because the bonuses gained from anything other than the points is temporary, and the big buff, the baron equivalent, is for one person and team specific, so if they get it, no big deal (and baron gives that great global gold which lasts).

SR seems to be more about tactics. You must do what you plan well in order to win. Knowing good ward coverage, knowing you need a tank, and knowing who should initiate the team fight are all important, but keeping those wards up, having an effective tank, and making sure Amumu doesn't pop his ulti after missing a bandage toss are twice as important.

The short term is important, because one ace and it can all end, regardless of how much you were ahead.

CS is more about strategy. Even if you lose all 5 points you can come back and win so long as you have a better strategy. A good strategy that allows you to always control 3 points (or lose them for a short period of time only) is king. However, short term setbacks are punished much MUCH less (points can be retaken, turrets stay damaged).

The long term is important because even if you get aced and lose all 5 points, you can come back and win so long as your nexus has at least 1 health.

I really enjoy the tactics heavy gameplay of SR.

I'm glad we are seeing expansion to different kinds and styles of maps.

This one just isn't for me. That's ok, and I'll just keep doing what I like on the game and hope that the next big update strikes a balance I like even more than what I already have.

Palindrake

09-21-2011

Quote:
YamiDragon:
Dont know why everyone is complaing about being a caster I was a caster and a mobile person.
I played Vlad and defended all day and played ashe and defended all day. Different charcters have different roles. In summoners rift Master yi can push turrents super fast so why are people complaing if he can capture turrents super fast. Most mages are slow and they make up for that in power no herm can run around the map hes a better defender. People need to learn what roles their charcters can play.

OMG DoaC... I never hear ANYONE talk about the game that robbed 3 years of my life and almost took away my job, wife and home.... lol Cheers

simplygnome

09-21-2011

Quote:
Tellest:
The turrets seemed like they did absolutely nothing - same with the minions. I think they need to be beefed up a bit to actually be of some use in the game. Everyone just ignored the turret and minions and captured points solo without losing even a fifth of their health. Since people get gear and gold so fast in the game, I think that allows for people to build defensively quicker so the turrets should be much more powerful to make it so people who aren't building defensively can't solo a capture with a turret and minions hitting them.

Whats happening here is that when attacking in a group, many people would split, while one tried to cap the point, the others would attack, making the turret not work. If you damage them while capping, the turret turns back on and GOD**** can it hurt....

You just have to make sure its actually firing by disrupting the others.

Palindrake

09-21-2011

Quote:
simplygnome:
Whats happening here is that when attacking in a group, many people would split, while one tried to cap the point, the others would attack, making the turret not work. If you damage them while capping, the turret turns back on and GOD**** can it hurt....

You just have to make sure its actually firing by disrupting the others.

Garrison works WONDERS for this situation. Give it time, strats will develop. It's gonna be fun.

Reinami

09-21-2011

Quote:
z3rg3m3n:
I just tried it and....I'm pretty disappointed with it.

I liked the quick startup and the pvp aspect of it but...

The point system felt far from straightforward
Tons of champions are (obviously) OP/UP (earlygame / mobile champs have a huuuuge advantage)
The minion and tower system seemed lackluster.
The buffs, with the exception of the speed buff, seemed....lackluster.

Is it just me? Thoughts? Comments?

Edit: Downvoted for expressing my opinion. Real community. Feel free to disagree, just voice it through your comments, not downvotes. This is a thread meant for discussion. If the thread gets closed, there can be no room for discussion. What are your thoughts on the subject?

The point system i'm sure makes sense if a red gave us the numbers on what has more points than others.

Champions dont seem OP/UP to me, roles just have changed, save for nasus/veigar who will have a rough time here. For example.

Tanks seem more like disruptors than actual damage soaks. They run in stop a cap, or help your team cap by stalling the team.

AD carries seem more like mobile turrets. They are excellent defenders. Had a game where our team literally could not cap a point defended by ashe/taric. We were forced to send 4 people there which lead to another point being capped. Although we finally took it. Support and AD carries are gonna be the defenders.

Tanky dps will be the attackers. Running in, tanking minions and points while doing damage,

Mobile champions will be the point cappers for sure.

AP carries will be a bit more versatile in that they can attack or defend, although not as well as an AD carry or tanky dps.

Assassins are still assassins.

To compare it to a football game.

AD carries/Support = Blocker
Tanks = Linebacker
Tanky dps = Offensive guard/Fullback
Mobile = Reciever
AP Carry = offensive tackle/center
Assassins = The guy running around murdering the players between plays

Zarthorn

09-21-2011

Quote:
Palindrake:
OMG DoaC... I never hear ANYONE talk about the game that robbed 3 years of my life and almost took away my job, wife and home.... lol Cheers

This is why I took Riven for a spin in my matches, I felt like my old Half-Ogre Merc, only thing that was missing was dirty tricks xD

Webling

Recruiter

09-21-2011

akali is a mage and is dominating every match i have played.