Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is anyone else disappointed with Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Palindrake

09-21-2011

Quote:
TNG ScReAmH2O:
I agree 100%

Dont listen to these no badgers

if you look at the majority of people complaining

and the ones that love it

Love it = no badgers

Complain = badgers

Wow... look at the scummy "badger" talk. hahah. People will complain about anything. Dom is fun. SR is fun. Play whatever floats your boat.

jokull

09-21-2011

i feel like towers fall off too quickly, they first few levels theyre scary, and then theyre just there to cap after 5-10 minutes in. minions are minions, dominion is designed not to really have em much, and all champions with traps are extremely good bottom laners. heimer teemo shaco and cait are all good at keeping bot from ever being capped, which leaves the other 4 free to roam and control all the other points. its too strong, especially shaco, when he can just drop fears and farm bot all game and never get capped on unless you get 3 or 4 to hit that point

Palindrake

09-21-2011

Quote:
MANGOROBOCOP:
Yeah, I found Dominion pretty dissapointing. This isn't the type of gameplay I play League for, if I wanted to play AB I'd just re-up my WoW sub.

Ok so it's not your cup of tea. Cool. But the comment about AB is absurd. Dominion is FREE. Who cares if you can play AB on WoW for a monthly sub...

Tellest

09-21-2011

The turrets seemed like they did absolutely nothing - same with the minions. I think they need to be beefed up a bit to actually be of some use in the game. Everyone just ignored the turret and minions and captured points solo without losing even a fifth of their health. Since people get gear and gold so fast in the game, I think that allows for people to build defensively quicker so the turrets should be much more powerful to make it so people who aren't building defensively can't solo a capture with a turret and minions hitting them.

MANGOROBOCOP

09-21-2011

Quote:
Zarthorn:
You badgers are complaining because dominion isn't as straightforward and isn't as guaranteed from standing in a lane and creep farming for 20 min thus your advantage dwindles.

I'm so sorry that your be all and end all setups from Summoners Rift do not apply, I'm sorry that creep farming doesn't give you a godlike advantage to "pwn noobs" but this isn't about badgers and there egotism.

This is about facepaced combat where advantage goes to those that know there champ, play them well and most importantly, see the capture points as higher importance than killing creeps.

Besides, the pro's whos word the community hangs on absolutely love the new mode.

Welcome to an even playing field where you have to put more effort in than AFK farming.

It's not even about that, it's just not fun. It's 'mash buttons for 20 minutes and win'. It's an even more casualified League of Legends, with even less repercussions for your actions and no long term lasting consequences for anything.

It's the Street Fighter IV of ARTS gameplay, it's boring and while it may be pushed toward being 'fast' it doesn't make it any fun, it just feels forced and boring.

Orstead

09-21-2011

Quote:
TNG ScReAmH2O:
I agree 100%

Dont listen to these no badgers

if you look at the majority of people complaining

and the ones that love it

Love it = no badgers

Complain = badgers

Someone thinks he's high and mighty just because he has a badge. What a joke, haha.

I agree, it's fast paced. And if you think it takes "No skill" to play it, then you're wrong. You're just mad cause you lost. Go back to your hole, troll.

MANGOROBOCOP

09-21-2011

Quote:
Palindrake:
But that's just it. It's FREE. Who cares if you can play AB on WoW for a monthly sub...

I'm saying I would have rather them put the effort toward Magma Chamber or something.. I don't know, more fun and enjoyable for people who don't want to play WoW BGs and would rather play.. y'know, DotA style gameplay that we started for in the first place?

The fact the Casual Basin 2.0 got dev priority over Mag Chamber, Replays, and Observer shows how little Riot cares about serious players, because this **** is impossible to take seriously.

Miles Long

09-21-2011

Quote:
z3rg3m3n:
I just tried it and....I'm pretty disappointed with it.

I liked the quick startup and the pvp aspect of it but...

The point system felt far from straightforward
Tons of champions are (obviously) OP/UP (earlygame / mobile champs have a huuuuge advantage)
The minion and tower system seemed lackluster.
The buffs, with the exception of the speed buff, seemed....lackluster.

Is it just me? Thoughts? Comments?

I don't think anybody but Riot staff have played it anywhere near enough to form a fair opinion of the map/game mode as a whole. Still, it's nice to read people who have differing opinions, rather than just see the forums flood with OMGWTFBBQDOMINIONISTEHBESTESTEVAR.

Played three games this morning. Lost the first game, but it was extremely close, they only won with 5 hp remaining on their nexus.

Following game was also a loss, not very good as we lost by a 300 point margin. But hey, we're all learning here and I still enjoyed myself more than I would have playing a similar stomp on SR.

Last game we won, our nexus had 16 hp left and it was a great close game.

First two games I was MVP of my team, third game I came in at a close second behind our Singed. Scoring system seems pretty straightforward and easy to understand: Support your team, capture/defend points to rack it up.

Minions can be very deceptively useful if your team isn't doing enough to clear them. Having those little jerks ninja a point from you can be game changing, I love it. Towers seemed alright, although it was a little obnoxious having to defend a point by myself against three opposing champions. But hey, that's the point, gotta play with strategy and exploit weaknesses when you can. Certainly helped my team capture a point or two while I distracted and occasionally pulled off a great defense.

After three games I can safely say I'm looking forward to playing more. It's a shame that SR is a piece of $hit by comparison though. Gonna be hard to want to play that in the meantime.

BrokenBladeRD

09-21-2011

no im not is realy cool mode and a nice map

Zarthorn

09-21-2011

Quote:
jokull:
i feel like towers fall off too quickly, they first few levels theyre scary, and then theyre just there to cap after 5-10 minutes in. minions are minions, dominion is designed not to really have em much, and all champions with traps are extremely good bottom laners. heimer teemo shaco and cait are all good at keeping bot from ever being capped, which leaves the other 4 free to roam and control all the other points. its too strong, especially shaco, when he can just drop fears and farm bot all game and never get capped on unless you get 3 or 4 to hit that point

This is your problem, there are NO lanes.

It's a series of capture points, do you send the majority of your force to the windmill and risk losing the boneyard/quarry or do you go for a push on the boneyard/quarry potentially losing the windmill and perhaps having to fall back to defend the refinery/drill.

Dominion isn't the same as Summoners Rift, it's an entirely different animal and thus should be approached with an entirely different mindset.

If you cannot adopt the battlelines mindset then I'm afraid Dominion will never suit you.